Play aggressive or not?

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play aggressive if I am in tournaments already in award-winning positions, before that I play very passive waiting for a response from the opponent, Let's say that out of 50 tournaments I win in 12 of them, I don't know if that percentage is bad or good.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking the same thing. What percentage is considered good? In your case I believe it's decent, and at least if you break even, that can't be anything but good and you will improve in time.
Regardin strategy, I have the same one as you. After you reach money in tournaments everyone relaxes a bit and gets more aggressive, so being too pasive wouldn't get you too far at this point. Good luck and keep grinding!

Artur22277

Artur22277

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on a lot of things on the situation, stack, opponents, but mostly aggressive play is justified

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play aggressive if I am in tournaments already in award-winning positions, before that I play very passive waiting for a response from the opponent, Let's say that out of 50 tournaments I win in 12 of them, I don't know if that percentage is bad or good.

This is bad, very bad, out of 50 tournaments you have to win at least 45! Or stop lying to yourself and us, choose any option

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, it is better to play more aggressively. The key thought behind aggressive, addictive play is this:
Aggressive play will double your chances of winning.
When you check or call, there is only one way to win a hand: showdown (showdown).
Playing aggressively (through a bet or raise), a hand can be won in 2 cases: when the cards are shown or if the opponent folds his cards. This is why it is so important to act on your own. This way, you can win the pot without showing cards (even if your hand is weaker than your opponent's).
There are 2 types of aggressive play: tight-aggressive and loose-aggressive.

C

chadstrats

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typically the smaller my stack -> more aggressive

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think you also have to consider the situation in the tourney, in some long tourneys, with loads places paid, the money is not increasing much by laddering up the payout structure. Whereas in others if you hit a final table you can often sit back and move up a good few positions doing nothing but playing tight.

Another thing to consider is your chip stack. If you are right up there with a big stack, it can be more profitable to let everyone else play aggressive and take advantage when you hit some good cards or positions.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the players I am up against. I play trappish with folks who are pure aggression and can be aggressive when I am against ATMs.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your success rate is not bad, that's for sure! :) I think you have to have a certain style of play that you can successfully apply against certain players, different situations at the table and what stage of the tournament is at the moment. It's impossible to play every tournament the same way and be successful. Different players, different situations, but you have to be able to benefit from any situation. If you just say whether aggression is necessary or not, of course it is impossible to win a tournament or be high if you are not aggressive against weak players or when you have an advantage. But aggression should not be used stupidly, the players will be ready for you and you will lose the advantage..

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, 20% is a good result, and I think you should continue to play like that. Most players want to have such results.

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your strategy is correct i adapt the same strategy i try to figure out how the table is playing before i get more involved but my win rate is no where near that, winning 1 in 12 is very impressive which also means you must be in the money frequently, I would say continue what you are doing and well done 👍

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best option is to try to play on the trp

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
it's a good prcentaje a little more than 20% on the personal aggressive game at any stage of the tournament and if I get to the final table I go a little more carefully but at the time of playing I go strong

Gorbonz4988

Gorbonz4988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive play is good at points but don't get to carried away with it also if your being aggressive and bluffing there gonna catch on fast so don't let that happen but hearing your record pretty good really all I need to say here good luck buddy!

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in an aggressive style is characterized by frequent raising and re-raising of bets in the process of drawing a hand. Such actions are designed primarily for passive opponents who are psychologically unable to resist aggression and are forced to fold their cards. A positive feature of this style of poker game is the maximization of possible profits.
But! It is necessary to understand that the wrong use of the style can result in maximum losses. When playing in an aggressive style, you should have a clear understanding of what type of opponent you are betting big against, without having a ready combination. Let's say you decide to force your opponent to fold, and if there is a maniac who plays poorly, but also aggressively? He will calmly call your bet, as a result of which you will lose a large part of your stack.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is about numbers.

Offhand, you can say
Investments: 50 buy ins = I
Return: 12 times prizes = R
Return of Investments: R-I = ROI

If your ROI is positive this is good (higher - better)
If your ROI is negative this is bad (lower - worse, respectively)

So, now you can see if you are in balance mtt stage/agression anough for the level.
Something like that. Good luck.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing against Aggressive opponents is a basically simple strategy,- but often takes a lot of patience something many players don't have. You simply wait for a better than average hand against them, and check/call to the river. If bluffing, they will slow down or even check by the turn, if they catch anything at all even a mediocre drawing hand they will usually continue to blast away. In this case, you need to have the nuts or very close to it to continue against aggressive Opponent's who will often even push on the flop if they even catch a reasonable draw. Not true for every situation, but very typical.

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Somestimes aggressive, some times more like sitting out. Depends on how other players are playing. I do wat necessary to ship.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How much do you add to your bankroll every month. If it grows you are doing everything right.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play both ways depends on player and my chips amount.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both! You can not sit on one style. Otherwise players notes will crush you in the long run....keeping you out of final tables

P

Pet548

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can’t be aggressive with weak hand

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you win 12 tournaments out of 50, then you are poker pro.So you are the first place in the tournament?And what are these tournaments?Maybe it's a tournament for three?Describe it in detail.