Phased Tournaments

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone play phased tournaments, specifically on pokerstars?
If so, I would like for someone to explain me whether it is better or not then regular MTT tournaments, and whether the player pool differs or not for the same buy-in.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I guess you are pointing out the WCOOP Event-01 which I also considering to play or not. The tricky thing is that if you manage to outlast the 1st phase - you continue the 2nd phase with the chip amount you ended up the 1st, and moreover - the second phase will began after 1 month ..., and if I am not wrong - it is a 2 days event - too many challenges and time to put in these :(

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess you are pointing out the WCOOP Event-01 which I also considering to play or not. The tricky thing is that if you manage to outlast the 1st phase - you continue the 2nd phase with the chip amount you ended up the 1st, and moreover - the second phase will began after 1 month ..., and if I am not wrong - it is a 2 days event - too many challenges and time to put in these :(

Y, I was thinking about WCOOP event, and only after creation of this thread, did I figure that phase 2 begins in mid September. Still, it sounds good. Phase 1 lasts only a bit over 2 hours considering it ends after lvl 15 with 8 mins per level.
But I am interested in how players react to such type of tournament, do they gamble like in a KO thinking they need to rush somehow to a big stack or whatever...