My performance in MTT after 3 month

B

babikhatar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi .
I start MTT in acr 3 month ago with 50$ bankroll . ( I rebuy 3 time this bankroll)
I start micro ,( maximum 4$ tournoments )
After 3 month and play 1654 tournoment my profit is 8000$
I lost 2000$ in last week ( my profit was 10000$ last week ago )
I'm very angry about lost 2000$ last week . I think i cant focus on game .
My maximum buyin in mtt is 88$, is that good for my bankrool ?
You can check my detail performance in sharkscoope
Use: babikhatar
U can check screenshots
Is that good performance for this 3 month ?
What can i do for continue the game . I think i cant win tournoments anymore .
I quite the game for 4-5 days but i cant focus on game or maybe its just downswing . What u think ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309_035216_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210309_035216_com.android.chrome.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20210309_035209_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210309_035209_com.android.chrome.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After 1000+ tournaments I think that the variance shakes out.

You have good stats but if you were playing under 5.00 and are now playing 50.00+ tournaments your numbers are going to get crushed (along with your bankroll).

That is simply too big of a jump. I think you should go the next 3 months in the 5-10.00 range and see how you do.

Despite what you see on TV, the best players in the world are people you never heard of who play exclusively online. Playing 50-100.00 is pretty exhausting and doing it day in and out is something you really need to make sure you have that skill set.

B

babikhatar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After 1000+ tournaments I think that the variance shakes out.

You have good stats but if you were playing under 5.00 and are now playing 50.00+ tournaments your numbers are going to get crushed (along with your bankroll).

That is simply too big of a jump. I think you should go the next 3 months in the 5-10.00 range and see how you do.

Despite what you see on TV, the best players in the world are people you never heard of who play exclusively online. Playing 50-100.00 is pretty exhausting and doing it day in and out is something you really need to make sure you have that skill set.

Ty man for help

What u mean of go 5-10 range in 3 next month ?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your results are actually very good, but I agree with karl coakley, that you have likely moved up to fast. This is a common problem for tournament players, when they start with a sunshine run, which you seem to have been doing. There is a lot of variance in tournaments, and you have probably been very lucky to avoid any significant downswing so far. You also seem to have been lucky to hit a few big scores, which is typically, what cause people to move up faster, than their skill set is ready for.

So I would actually suggest you to withdraw maybe half your balance and then implement a bankroll system like spending no more than 1% of your bankroll on any MTT and no more than 0,5% on average. And most of all understand, that losing over 100 MTTs or even 500 MTTs is completely normal and can not be avoided by anyone. And it especially can not be avioded, if you move up to mid or high stakes games, where your ROI is definitely going to be lower than in micro or low stakes games.​

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Karl and Fundiver. Also though, if you're playing games like $88 MTT, even the best player in the world will have many downswings higher than $2000. I'm sure your average buy-in is lower than this, but still $2k is under 25 buy-ins when a bad MTT downswing for a winning player can be hundreds of buy-ins.

Go from the micros to low-stakes games. They will still be relatively soft and playing at a max buyin of $11 or so, it will be much tougher to lose 4-figure amounts.

Lastly, congrats on $8,000 profit over 1600+ games in micros. That's a great accomplishment.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have not understood the variance of the mtt, because of this you have to have control of the bank, and you have an uncontrolled bank. I recommend that you control your bank, for mtts it should have 1000 buyings, I recommend that you try sit a go, there you realize if you are a constant and winning player, and here if you can lose control of your bank of 30 buyings.

B

babikhatar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Karl and Fundiver. Also though, if you're playing games like $88 MTT, even the best player in the world will have many downswings higher than $2000. I'm sure your average buy-in is lower than this, but still $2k is under 25 buy-ins when a bad MTT downswing for a winning player can be hundreds of buy-ins.

Go from the micros to low-stakes games. They will still be relatively soft and playing at a max buyin of $11 or so, it will be much tougher to lose 4-figure amounts.

Lastly, congrats on $8,000 profit over 1600+ games in micros. That's a great accomplishment.

Your results are actually very good, but I agree with karl coakley, that you have likely moved up to fast. This is a common problem for tournament players, when they start with a sunshine run, which you seem to have been doing. There is a lot of variance in tournaments, and you have probably been very lucky to avoid any significant downswing so far. You also seem to have been lucky to hit a few big scores, which is typically, what cause people to move up faster, than their skill set is ready for.

So I would actually suggest you to withdraw maybe half your balance and then implement a bankroll system like spending no more than 1% of your bankroll on any MTT and no more than 0,5% on average. And most of all understand, that losing over 100 MTTs or even 500 MTTs is completely normal and can not be avoided by anyone. And it especially can not be avioded, if you move up to mid or high stakes games, where your ROI is definitely going to be lower than in micro or low stakes games.​

Ty for help guys
What u think about my bankroll?
Is that good to set 300 rebuy average for sure make good bankroll ?
Or 500 rebuy ?

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ty for help guys
What u think about my bankroll?
Is that good to set 300 rebuy average for sure make good bankroll ?
Or 500 rebuy ?

Hi babikhatar, I was going to reply to your initial post the other day but missed the opportunity.

I think the table you showed us, helps identify what type of bankroll management you should have.

While it may not be completely in relation to one another, as there are other variables listed as well, it shows that for your $10 average stake, you would require a $2100 bankroll. If we multiply that number by 4, your $8400 bankroll should have an average stake of $40.

Size of tournament also play a factor, but your average field isn’t overly large.

If you are playing average size MTTS, the bare minimum amount of buy-ins you should have would be 100. If your MTT fields are 1000 players+, the bare minimum amount of buy-ins You should have would be 200.

Let’s use our $8400 example

Small field MTTs
Minimum: 100 buy ins ($84)
Medium: 200 buy ins ($42)
Cautious: 500 buy ins ($16.80)

Large field MTTs
Minimum: 200 buy ins ($42)
Medium: 400 buy ins ($21)
Cautious: 600 buy ins ($14)

Again, the average field based on your chart wasn’t huge. With that being said, if I were on a downswing as you have been, I would likely mostly play anywhere between the $16.80-$21 buy ins, all the way up to $42, with the $42 being less frequent. In my opinion, it’s completely fine to take a higher shot now and then, I just wouldn’t average that stake.

Your suggestion of 300 buy ins ($28) seems pretty close to ideal.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the issue here is not bankroll management but moving up to fast. There is nothing unreasonable about spending up to 1% of your bankroll on an MTT, and especially not if your average buyin is smaller like maybe 0,5%. But the thing is, just because you are winning in the micros or in low stakes tournaments, does not mean, you are also winning in mid or high stakes tournaments.

I am kind of in a similar spot myself having won around 8.000$ in MTTs on 888 Poker, although this has taken me much more than 3 month. However all those winnings come from micro and (mostly) low stakes MTTs up to 16.5$ buyin or 5,5$ R+A, which is sort of the same thing.

I have played some mid stakes tournaments as well (22-55$), but so far I am down a small amount in these. Its still a small sample, so maybe I just ran a little bad. But the fact is, competition does get significantly tougher, when you move up. And if you are simply not ready to beat a certain level, then bankroll management can only make you lose more slowly.

So my advice is still to slow down and cap yourself at a lower limit like 16,5$ or 22$ and only gradually start to work in some "shots" at anything more expensive. This is especially important, if it tilts you to lose 2.000$, because as Collin say, if you are going to regularly play 88$ event, you will have downswings way larger than that. And this is even assuming, you are a winning player in these games, which you are probably not.

I know, your results are very good so far, but these were achieved in softer games, and as I said already, there was likely also a significant amount of luck involved. Over a sample like 1.600 MTT its possible to run quite a bit below OR above long term expectations, and almost nobody can maintain an ROI of 60% in the long run. So if anything less than that feels like a failure, its time for a reality check.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure my post will help you much, but also would like to support you.
Pls find few the most significant points below from me:

- - Think about Nash equilibrium. Be sure you are ahead of $80+ level at ACR field. BR seems on the borderline but ok for me.

- -Think about your last 2K lose weighed reasons: luck share/postflop skills share/tilt share/high jump share.

- -Try to use business approach to the next step. Think about earning per hour – are you ok with it at the moment, or you expect more. What is yor final goal?!

- -Try to “anatomize” stages you lose. Bad Beats/ICM gaps/doubtful or lack of bluff.
:wink:
Nothing new for you, I am sure, but sometimes we need somebody to remind.
Wish you to stay calm and hope to hear $100K story one day.

Last edited:
poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you need a break and how long it is depends on you but you are very tired and can not focus on the game qualitatively.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember playing against you babikhatar so you must have played in the micro stakes - longer than you say.

With that said - I just glanced at your stats - they look good (lucky).

My memory isn't 100% accurate - but I do remember pretty well, and I seem to remember - you are a player that shoves often preflop - and on the flop. Maniac might be the nice - title.

Playing that way is bound to catch up with you - looks like it hasn't yet - but will soon.

If my memory is wrong - and you don't play this way - I apologize, and congratulate you on your fast rise.

For others that might be reading this - starting to play 4 dollar tourneys with only 50 bucks is a great way to lose your meager bankroll very quickly.
Smartly a player will start playing 1.00 buyins with 100 bankroll.