Payout Structure for the 2006 ME - JUST SICK!

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bombjack said:
Sickest thing about the payout structure is that the sweet spot is 889th place. Don't believe me? Check this out:
http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/pdfs/080106_Payout_Structure.pdf

Bombjack,

Why do you think this is the sweetspot? I looked at the page you linked to but not sure what that figure is. They are only paying down to 873.

They only pay the top 10% or so of the field and the field is 8773.

shortstacked

shortstacked

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DESSERTLADY said:
Bombjack,

Why do you think this is the sweetspot? I looked at the page you linked to but not sure what that figure is. They are only paying down to 873.

They only pay the top 10% or so of the field and the field is 8773.

look down farther at place 889

LetsGetItOn

LetsGetItOn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does 889 get that much though ?

P

PreciousLor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There sure is going to be alot of all-ins after 890th busts out ;)

P

PreciousLor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LetsGetItOn said:
Why does 889 get that much though ?

I'll assume you're joking here:) :) But if you are not i will tell you:)

D

dastrey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm betting it has something to do with the round for round structure. They are anticipating many players getting knocked out on the bubble and will probably split the money from 889th place.

P

PreciousLor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dastrey said:
I'm betting it has something to do with the round for round structure. They are anticipating many players getting knocked out on the bubble and will probably split the money from 889th place.

I cant bear it any longer:)

It is the total!!!! ie the total prize pool

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah...for some reason, if you look at the payout structure on their website, and you look on that place, they decided to list the total prize pool. I found it strange... :)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
withawedge said:
Thats what it says on PS and on his own web site. Maybe the backers allowed him to give up work and go full time on the poker circuit

I won my seat for the 2004 WSOP on Poker Stars, and they are running numerous satellites and supers for this year’s event. Chris Moneymaker, the 2003 Champion, also won his seat on Poker Stars. It is pretty likely that the 2005 Champion will also qualify online, because I am guessing that close to half of all the participants will win their seats on Poker Stars or some other online site.

:withstupi
Wow. I missed this post somehow. Fantastic. Perhaps you could do a little write up about your experience and post here in the forums. I would love to hear how it went for you.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
juiceeQ said:
Wow. I missed this post somehow. Fantastic. Perhaps you could do a little write up about your experience and post here in the forums. I would love to hear how it went for you.

I'm pretty sure the second paragraph is a quote from Greg Raymer :rolleyes:

E

ebon87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it really exploded this year. there are plenty of aussies in it anyway. after joe hachem won last year we have been in a poker craze. pub poker is the big think in australia now.

i dont really like these types of payout structures though. I think 1st place should get at least 20% regardless of the number of entrants. I think too many places are paid.

M

mooncons

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Since that pay out structure is so top heavy, I am kind of afriad of a deal being struck at the final table. If the top 4 players just agree to chop the tourny then they will all get a sick amount of money.

stretch833

stretch833

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wsorbust said:
That might be true, but you would think he would have had to pay taxes to the U.S., since he won it there. Or, at least have to claim it at customs or something.

Depends on what country the player is from. Some people get 30 percent taken out in taxes before getting their winnings, like it or not.

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mooncons said:
Since that pay out structure is so top heavy, I am kind of afriad of a deal being struck at the final table. If the top 4 players just agree to chop the tourny then they will all get a sick amount of money.

Funny you should say this because someone walked around the tables yesterday after the payouts were around 38 or 42K and wanted to chop right then and there lol. It would have meant about $500,000 for each person left...........the guy was turned down at every table. NO CHOP!