Paying All-In Out Of Position

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I went through two situations in which I was eliminated in micro tournaments ($ 0.10 and $ 0.25) and would like your help to know the best way to play in these situations.

The tournament was with blinds of 100/200 without before and I was with 9300 chips
In the first situation I was with 6 and 7 off in position in the big bling. Most of the table folded and left the button and the small blind. The flop hit 6, J and 7 rainbow. I raised from 3 big blinds, the button, which had 4500 chips paid and the small blind folded. The turn came a 2, I raised the pot amount and the button came back all-in. I thought a lot, but since the pot gave no chance of a flush or sequel, I paid. The button presented J and Ace, so I thought I had won, but the river hit Ace and I lost.

In the other situation, I was short (9 big blinds) in UTG + 1 and the big blind already opened all in, with 5 big blinds of stack, the UTG folded and I with KQs I decided to pay. The button paid and introduced a pair of Kings. The big blind had pair of J and the board came 10, K, A, 9 and 5, with no possibility of flush, that is, I was eliminated.

This situation has occurred to me before and I realized that it is not a good shovar out of position if you do not have a ready hand. But I would like to hear your opinion about situations like this.

By the way, in both situations the players were loose-aggressive

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I went through two situations in which I was eliminated in micro tournaments ($ 0.10 and $ 0.25) and would like your help to know the best way to play in these situations.

The tournament was with blinds of 100/200 without before and I was with 9300 chips
In the first situation I was with 6 and 7 off in position in the big bling. Most of the table folded and left the button and the small blind. The flop hit 6, J and 7 rainbow. I raised from 3 big blinds, the button, which had 4500 chips paid and the small blind folded. The turn came a 2, I raised the pot amount and the button came back all-in. I thought a lot, but since the pot gave no chance of a flush or sequel, I paid. The button presented J and Ace, so I thought I had won, but the river hit Ace and I lost.

In the other situation, I was short (9 big blinds) in UTG + 1 and the big blind already opened all in, with 5 big blinds of stack, the UTG folded and I with KQs I decided to pay. The button paid and introduced a pair of Kings. The big blind had pair of J and the board came 10, K, A, 9 and 5, with no possibility of flush, that is, I was eliminated.

This situation has occurred to me before and I realized that it is not a good shovar out of position if you do not have a ready hand. But I would like to hear your opinion about situations like this.

By the way, in both situations the players were loose-aggressive

This is difficult to read because of the language barrier I'm guessing but I will give it a go. So the blinds are 100/200 hero has 9300. First hand you have 67 off in the big blind The table folds.... I didn't see anything about what action was made So I'm guessing the button limped??.. Flop come 67J rainbow. Your then wrote "I raised from 3 big blinds, the button, which had 4500 chips paid and the small blind folded." This makes absolutely no sense at all but I will attempt it. You bet 600 (that would be 3 big blinds).... and you are saying the button paid so I guess he called. The button is the effective stack which now 3900 (19.5 bb) and your stack is 8700 (43.5bb) pot is 1800 (9bb) Turn comes a 2 and you bet 1800 (9bb) and button raised to 3900 (19.5bb) which leaves total amount to call 2100 (10.5bb) You are wondering if you made a bad call....... no.. you got it in good and got unlucky on the river. As played hand is fine.

Next hand you wrote "I was short (9 big blinds) in UTG + 1 and the big blind already opened all in, with 5 big blinds of stack, the UTG folded and I with KQs I decided to pay. The button paid and introduced a pair of Kings. The big blind had pair of J and the board came 10, K, A, 9 and 5, with no possibility of flush, that is, I was eliminated."

This one you either fold or jam KQ with 9 bigs I'm getting it in. I mean the guy shoved 5 bigs with KK and had you dominated your not gonna win their a lot but your also aren't folding 9 bigs to a 5bb shove. I think as played it's correct as long as you iso shoved and not just flat the 5bb