Patterns

C

Chabita03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you guys noticed any patterns in certain tournaments ?

I for one did, there was a certain tournament on PS :

- winning from the small blind was almost impossible in a showdown even with high pocket pairs
- if you had any card that was on the board on the previous hand, the chances of wining were very small
-40% of the time you would win from the big blind
- if you won a hand you would loose the next one regardless of the cards you would hold

And some others.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i've noticed in some freerolls the last few hands before the break are very agressive because a lot of people get premium hands that the flop gives illusions that you can win then boom some random weak hand wins on the river. a possible tactic to get a lot of people out before the brake...or just variance

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I notice many strange patterns and with a frequency far above the natural variation, but I try not to talk too much about it, because it is a subject that causes a lot of controversy.

For example on spin & go where I opened a topic talking about this.

Patterns like AT AJ AK KQ AQ KK losing to marginal hands with above-range frequency.

In addition to pair tendency on the flop for the opponent, and other situations.

But this is a controversial subject that always generates a lot of criticism and accusations when they are discussed.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I notice if I had 2 cards and they miss a street that the next street in the next hand would have matched my previous 2 cards. A lot of paired flops and boards seem to have happened recently. Also a lot of very low boards with cards under 10 seem to be happening. Also a lot of queens hitting the boards. This is my impression, could be completely wrong though.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I noticed that there are always patterns if you want to see a pattern... Human nature at its best.
In poker its very likely that something very unlikely for itself happens simply because there are so many unlikely things that can happen.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Winning 40% from the BB? If you are doing this you are doing something right, good for you!

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I mean if you want to test your theory just play according to your patterns and win win win.... right😎👍