Patience is the key

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it all depends on the players at the table! if they are passive players, then you need to expand your range and play more aggressively, but waiting for a strong hand, this is not right, your opponents will soon understand your passive style of play and will play against you only with very strong hands !!! you have to play so that your opponents can not read you and the passive style of the game is easy to read !!!!

Last edited:
imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With freerolls I try to be patience in the beginnen and only play with good hands. But when the blinds are going up, I have to be more loose. With a regular tournament, I try to open up my range (as people are less playing donk) and try to get a decent stack in the beginning of the tournament.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on type of tournament and stage, blinds etc. Your strategy dont work in spin and go for example. You don't need to be patient all the time or agressive and high stakes. Be creative!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
The continuity with which you must play your hands in poker must be defined as part of your strategy ... for example if you are in a hyper turbo tournament ... your range of hands should be wider because otherwise the blinds will eat your stack of chips and you are quickly eliminated ... in this type of tournaments you must wait for the late positions and give your blow ..! In other types of tournaments your strategy can be defined for example in the number of blinds ... if you have more than 20 blinds you can play quietly ... if you have between 10 and 20 you should look for a spot to enter ... and if you have less of 10 you do not have much to choose from ... in these cases and p I hope to be in the cut off or on the button and play my chance ...!

H

Hefie81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe not having enough patience is my biggest problem when it comes to poker

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not always but in general - yes, patience is extremely important. But it doesn't mean that you should wait for your favourite hand till the end and not to play other ones. Practice more and you will start to feel when you should stay calm if the game goes slowly and vice versa.

Troy pastor

Troy pastor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a good Russian proverb - patience and work, all peretrut. Work on your game, be careful and patient. Not always there is a map, not always everything turns out, there is also a long strip of losses. Remember this happens to everyone. Keep your distance, play patiently and thoughtfully, and everything will turn out !!!!!

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience certainly is the key, but you cant be patient all the time, but you can be smart and pay attention to other players and their moves :) a bluff is in order from time to time too i believe :)

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think for the most part patience is a good virtue to have in the larger entry fee / prize tournaments, however the dynamic of any given poker table your sitting in a tournament might provide insight as to how and when to act. You never know unless your focused if say someone on "tilt" has doubled up then tripled up on chips and just wants to blow out and you might have the cards (ok not great), the guts to jump in and act and hopefully move their chips into your stack.

You play situations, people, position, speed, decisions, cards, value, chips / money not necessarily in that order.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You need to be patient, but you also need to be aggressive.Stay patient against the loose players, but when you find Rocks and LPs, you need to steal their blinds or you will blind off.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is a very important quality of a good player. but what to do when you do everything right, but you are always not lucky? How much will we have patience? In these moments, and the character is manifested. In these moments it is more important than ever to remain strong and patient.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't wait. Especially in a turbo or obviously a hyper. It's nice to get premiums but wen your in position in tournaments u need to be playing your suited connectors , Broadway cards and suited aces and Kings and be sure to look out for spots wer u can blufff on paired boardes or a draw heavy board. Also if there is antes u need to get in there and fight for pots.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. pay attention

2. patience

3.good luck

A

awarche

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
summarizing all the answers, patience is not a key :D the key is reading ;)

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have done my best tournament finish after being more patient. Tournament can last a very long period of times. Sooner or later, we can get the nuts. On final table, I like to fold and watch player kick out the other.

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that in a tournament you should be very patoent and wait for the big hands ?
Hi klito.
yes, patience is fundamental to pass the first phase of the tournaments, I try to play only very strong hands until the blind reaches 50/100, after that phase I start opening more hands always playing in position.
This helps me a lot mainly in freeroll that usually the number of participants exceeds 1000.
We are together.
😎👊🍀💰

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the structure of the tournament, if it's a tournament with a slow growth of the blinds, then I can wait for a strong card, but for this you need patience, which will definitely lead to victory.

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that this style of play is the best, especially when you play aggressively, but not the only one, there are wonderful hands-on players.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in the cash games and in tournaments it is necessary to play aggressively at the beginning so that there are more chances in the middle and end of the game for prizes or to win a tournament.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES! It only takes one or two big hands rto stay afloat until the tail end of a tournament. Be patient and wait for the big one (or two )!

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"The very most important skill a player needs to manage is not math, it's not reading opponents, it's not good starting hand selection, it's not a solid game plan, it's... self-control." ;)

N

Neol0107

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is a virtue to play poker, something like this could lead you to success

R

RattleHead117

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use the Big Blinds as a speedometer. If the blinds are low i splash around and speculate a lot more than when the blinds go up. And, when I get to 10 Big Blinds I'm pushing with any thing paired or 2 cards 10 and over

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is better to leave the game when you pass some bad luck sessions because when you go tilt you make a lot of bad decisions which will affect your game and profit The game is still there later .. just take a break when you get angry