Overbet bets

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So layely I;ve been trying to implement more overbet sizings on T and R. any1 have experince with this? I've noticed I get some extra value in dro pots but TPTK seems not being well adjusted for that. Maybe people over play dros and under play TP. 120% seems to be doing magic, nmore seems to work only in cash games + seems to working agains either regs(semi-regs) or complete... recreationals; avarage players seem to overfold on overbet=) maybe it could be an exploit on TP bords with no overcards or blockers . Any thoughts and input would be apreciated.
TY:ciao:

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yeap is really opponent depended as always. I rarely use it but I feel it represents only 2 things air or nuts. Based on the board texture you can fire big on the river but don't expect many calls.If they call you are beaten or they have a little less strong combinations like Kx flush for example.

You can also do this move when you have under represent your whole hand all the way down to the river. Personally instead of overbet I go 75% at max because I am a micro stakes / freeroller. OK if I play against the ultimate calling station I may try to get value from him but again....

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything over a pot sized bet will usually get your opponent to play pretty straightforward if they aren't used to seeing that sizing. It can work very well, but make sure you don't blindly overbet because you will become unbalanced. There are certain situations you want to use it, mostly when you know your opponent has a marginal hand.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over betting seems to be occurring much more frequently lately. I have seen this play a lot lately. Very polarizing IMO. As previously stated it usually means the player has the nuts or nothing. But in recent experience it’s been more skewed towards having a big hand. Personally I think it leaves a lot of value on the table by getting some moderately good hands to fold where they may have called a smaller bet. Chasing away chips can’t be beneficial. I’d like to know if players that have been utilizing this tactic if it’s paying off.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I over bet too much due to inexperience. Sometimes it's just to ensure I win that pot and other times it's due to missing my hand so I bluff. Making a honey pot is nice when it works but when your full house gets beaten by a larger full house then it's not so nice. Over betting the pot will ensure you win something rather than losing everything... sometimes.;)

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I see an agressive player overbetting on any street, my first thought is that the opponent is scared.

As for myself, I think that my opponent thinks the same so I overbet too much... All-in too much. I'm aware of my mistake and hope I will not make this mistake again.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are overbetting the pot on the turn then you don't want a call?

Sometimes you can overbet the pot on the river for value...opponent doesn't notice the size? Or they have such a strong hand that they pay you off?

Good luck !

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the overbet strategy, because opponents will always be in doubt whether it's bluff or nuts, plus you win a giant pot (or lose)