over bet on the river

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is a technique used by some poker professionals, which consists of making a bet bigger than the pot on the river either for value or by bluffing villain to call or fold.

poker pro scott seiver uses this technique a lot in the tournaments he plays.

I don't particularly use this technique in my daily poker life.

and you like the overbet on the river?

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Certainly!

Usually when you overbet in this situation we have a very polarized range, either having the nuts / great games or we don't complete anything.
But obviously... in poker a story needs to be told before we take action.
Anyway, I believe the best options are to merge some of these stocks, bet low for value and sometimes overbet.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I would like to see a few hands in which this technique was used and advice on how to use it more successfully...

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
make an overbet for the opponent to fold, or for the opponent to pay? How many people are in the giveaway besides you? in any case, there is no universal technique, so you can play in a tournament, and I hardly use overbet

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is a technique used by some poker professionals, which consists of making a bet bigger than the pot on the river either for value or by bluffing villain to call or fold.

poker pro scott seiver uses this technique a lot in the tournaments he plays.

I don't particularly use this technique in my daily poker life.

and you like the overbet on the river?
I’m not sure that this strategy will get you more wins than losses. I guess it depends on how the hand plays out- right down to the river. If you have the nuttz… and feel your opponent might might have the second nut.. do it! Or if you are feeling lucky.. bluff away lol

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When my hand is completed with the best way, then I overbet at the river, if I see that the betting of the game that moment allows it, if there are loose opponents who are willing to play a big bet.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Its rarely a bluff when opponent overbet river, its almoust always a nuts or strong range. But still depends on action and a player tho.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Poker fans,

Curiosity gets the best of some and it is important to exploit weaknesses in other players,

If you have the nuts or are pretty close to it, making an overbet on the river is a great way to get paid for a huge hand. As you said, the villain may think you are bluffing and that his hand is better and call your bet.

This overbet technique is extremely effective on a "poison card" that gives the villain a made hand and gives you a stronger hand at the same time.

I just got busted out of a tourney yesterday because I did not believe the villain and "called his bluff" - only to see that he had a better hand than me.

This game is all about winning chips and it is important to use every technique in the book to do it. Go look for those fishes and calling stations to exploit them! I may very well be caught in your net someday ;).

This is nothing to get picky about - go value bet or just be a big stack bully. It is common practice and you should not be left out.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is aerobatics, you need to understand how you get there or have blockers on the nuts

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Over bets can be deployed when we have nuts advantage and the opponents range is capped.