The optimal wins in SnG?

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends, what is the optimal percentage of reaching the prize places in Sit & Go tournaments? What indicators should you strive for, 5/10/20/40% or other? I'm talking about ordinary and turbo tournaments for 10 cents, 25 cents and 1 dollar. I do not consider hyper tournaments at all. So, how often do you encounter dispersion if you play the same modes? What percentage of reaching the prize places should player strive for?

I do not consider myself a bad player and I won Sit and Go several times for 10 cents, but in the last few days for some reason all sorts of idiots with bad cards have been hitting me, which leaves me far from the prize places. At these moments, it seems like everything is against me, because I did not make a deposit =D, but fun, these are conspiracy theories and paranoia, I'm not a fan of this things

What do you advise? My problem most often is either the lack of any adequate cards, or the loosing battle against everithing calling idiots who get a suitable hand both on the turn and on the river at the same time :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for your help and support!

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same feeling sometimes about this feel like everything is against me having a 93% advantage and losing on the river but like you said there is no point thinking on this ... I would say that on normal structure 9-Handed SNGs where the prices are 50/30/20 I would say that you mus have at least 40-50% ITM to be Break-even and slightly profitable assuming you will get 1st place at 30% of the times you get ITM of course this is just my conclusions on experience no proper studies done ... hopes the info helps you good luck!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When moving from cache to SNG, one of the first rules is to play more tightly, especially in the early stages. Marginal hands, which in the cache could bring you profit, are now unprofitable. Why? Back to the concept of equity. Those chips that you can lose are more valuable than those that you can win. In addition to this, you should avoid lowering your fold equity in the later stages. A few unsuccessful draws at an early stage - and your stack is no longer dangerous for other players on the bubble, which almost deprives you of a chance to win. To prevent such a development of events, in the early stages enter the game with strong hands and from a good position.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same feeling sometimes about this feel like everything is against me having a 93% advantage and losing on the river but like you said there is no point thinking on this ... I would say that on normal structure 9-Handed SNGs where the prices are 50/30/20 I would say that you mus have at least 40-50% ITM to be Break-even and slightly profitable assuming you will get 1st place at 30% of the times you get ITM of course this is just my conclusions on experience no proper studies done ... hopes the info helps you good luck!

Thx! 40-50% is certainly a lot. I understand that you need to strive for this indicator. However, sometimes there are protracted periods of bad cards with which it is impossible to get a bank.

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the early stages enter the game with strong hands and from a good position.
Thanks for the good advice, I also have a problem with aggression in the early stages, often greatly reducing the my stack

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By definition optimal is 100% !
Realistically 50% or better makes you a winner.
I do pretty well; maybe 70% or so. Recently I won 1st 17 out of the last 23 spin and go's on PS.
In freerolls I am regularly in the top 5%

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By definition optimal is 100% !
Realistically 50% or better makes you a winner.
I do pretty well; maybe 70% or so. Recently I won 1st 17 out of the last 23 spin and go's on PS.
In freerolls I am regularly in the top 5%
How long did it take you to reach that level game? Months/years/decades

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long did it take you to reach that level game? Months/years/decades

About 18 years, off and on. I have refined my play and can read online players really well. There's not very many times I feel I make mistakes, it's usually when I am not paying close enough attention.

Z

ZEITGEISTchi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit and Go, is the best

but never go all in, or call with a pair on hand.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a lot like chess, it involves reading your opponents, a lot of constant shifting of strategies and calculations, and lots of patience. It also takes years to master.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a lot like chess, it involves reading your opponents, a lot of constant shifting of strategies and calculations, and lots of patience. It also takes years to master.

Oh yeah! I love chess. But, of course, in chess all 100% depend on the player, and not on cards or pieces. I like them a bit more :)