Optimal strategy in sats

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys.. i m kinda biased here since i just busted two bigger sats very close to the bubble.
my question is in regards to reshoving with around 12-25 bb.
should we avoid reshoving vs anything but button and sb?
after all when we are able to ship any two cards on the button or sb we can survive for a very long time with very little risk.
so why risk it with for example 1010 or JJ even if it is very profitable in chip-EV when our stack can be used in a very low risk way in the future..

thoughts?

ofc this is going to depend on villains opening tendencies but i was thinkig about the average sat-player who i perceive to tighten up alot in these later stages of the sat, lets say 15 left and 5 places are paid

Last edited by a moderator:
qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the late stage of the satellite, it is necessary to play tightly, but tends to increase / maintain the stack in the middle area in ITM. It is often necessary to move away from the ICM, in some situations even aces have to be dropped. I really do not like to call a player going all in, often using only the top 4% of the hand spectrum for this.

It is not necessary to push only on SB or BTN, it is more important against whom you play. If BB has an average stack, which is 99% already in prizes, it makes no sense for him to risk a significant part of his stack, he is our target.

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early stage satellites, you need to play as usual. But in the late need
1. constantly to see if you have enough chips to go through.
2. First to bet all in, call all in only with premium hands.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Previously, very often played in satellites. I called them a game of survival. The strategy differs greatly from MTT. My strategy was based on a non-optimal game of opponents. Someone did not understand the fundamentals of the game in satellites, someone did not understand the dynamics of the game or often played postflop where it is unnecessary. For a successful game of satellites, you need to play in a primitive game model, as little as possible post-flop and difficult decisions, and as many tournaments as possible.