Optimal/Necessary conditions to take the addon option?

K

kalelisback

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys,

I know many don't take the addon options during tourneys, but those that do, I have a few questions:

- what factors come into play in this decision to take the addon (what would be the right conditon to take it)?

- if you have a healthy bankroll, would you incline to take the addon in most/any condition?

I think if you are super low stack (2-3BB) , it may not be worth it.

If i have lets says 16,000 stack in a turbo tourney with blinds at 500/1,000, it is worth adding another 10,000 chips ?

Hope to get see what mindset you guys have

Last edited:
greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, when I play a tournament with re-buy and add-on it is because my bankroll allows me to re-buy and of course the add-on. What is the factor that I take into account is very simple how close my stack is to the average chip in the tournament. if I am above the average of chips I do not think about it and I do the add-on if I am very below I let it pass, that is the factor that I measure, my stack on the average in the tournament

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the choose is made to play that format, you should re-buy and add-on. Otherwise stay with other formats. You are are at a disadvantage otherwise.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the choose is made to play that format, you should re-buy and add-on. Otherwise stay with other formats. You are are at a disadvantage otherwise.

Exactly this. You should ALWAYS addon. Also, you should never be in a position with only 2-3 BBs at the addon break. You should have pushed prior to the break to either double a few times, or just rebuy to a bigger stack.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't usually add-on, I seldom even rebuy, I would rather use that money to start a new tourney because then the blinds are lower relative to your stack size than they would be at the rebuy stage