Chips
How much do your opening ranges change at 50bb and below

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My open raising range depends on my position. In early position I raise fewer hands than in late position. I have a bluff open raising range also called the raise / fold range. This means that if another player 3-bet I will fold. There is also a raise / call range, these are my best hands. An example of an open raising range could be:
Raise / Fold: A6o-A9o, K9o-KJo, A2s-A8s, K8s-KJs, Q9s-QJs, J9s-JTs
Raise / Call: AT+, A9s, KQ+, 88+

The range always depends on your position and your reads on the players behind you. If a player folds frequently and barely defends his blinds, you can often put him under pressure and continue to open raise than a calling station.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is profitable to limit with certain hands preflop, it is usually even more profitable to raise with these hands to create pressure on the blinds. Think of preflop poker as a pie chart. If you limp the button with JT and the big blind sees the flop for free with A2, he will win the pot about 51% of the time. This percentage of the pot he won is called equity. If you force him to fold preflop, you deprive him of equity, allowing him to draw the entire circle in your color, that is, win the entire pot.22 + / ATs + / AJo + / KTs + / KQ / 54s + / 64s + I use this range in a passive game with very deep stacks. If my opponents adjust with more frequent three-bets, I revert to a tighter range. When I use this range, I hope that nit players will three-bet me with an easy-to-read range, which will allow me to call and implement implied odds when the stacks are very deep.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
50bb is a good enough pot for comfortable playing in large tournaments. I think, it's worth worrying, when you have 20bb or less and only then you should think about the possibility of simplifying the game. Also, do not forget about the possibility of getting into the money, if the tournament has passed the middle, it is worth playing differently to get into the prizes. I don't think, what is correct to designate a point (the number of blinds) to strictly observe it and constantly think about it. There are a lot of small details in the game that are worth paying attention to, and even if you have 100 chips or less, you can climb up and win the tournament! :) I have my own personal example ,when I did it!:)

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
35bb+ I usually play the same spectrum. 15-30bb I change the opening spectrum. 15bb and below, I play a push-fold.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in tournaments with those blinds always open button and co.

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
15bb and below, I play a push-fold.

What does the distance show?:joyman:
Is it profitable to push 15b or is it better to push with 12b?
Just for me 15b is a working stack, you can open some hands in 2b

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does the distance show?:joyman:
Is it profitable to push 15b or is it better to push with 12b?
Just for me 15b is a working stack, you can open some hands in 2b

There are poker solvers who advise pushing with a small stack. The smaller the stack, the more preferable the push. In a 15bb stack, you can play certain opening hands in 2bb. But I prefer to play push-fold more often if I don't want to lure an aggressive player.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Normally i play same range with +50bb and less then 50bb.
I change ranges and strategy when i got a less then 20bb.
push or fold is comming when i get a less then 15bb but sometimes when tournament is far, and more of players have about 15bb everythuing changing,
Important is check what is average stack. When we have about 15 % of players and most of them hace about 12-15bb i push or fold from 7 bb and less,

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are poker solvers who advise pushing with a small stack. The smaller the stack, the more preferable the push. In a 15bb stack, you can play certain opening hands in 2bb. But I prefer to play push-fold more often if I don't want to lure an aggressive player.

I don't think the aggressive player cares what you do.
1. open 2 bb.
2. push-fold 15b
He's going to bet all his chips the same way anyway.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play less tight at 50BB but consider position more with marginal hands. At 20bb I start playing tighter.

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My open raising range depends on my position. In early position I raise fewer hands than in late position. I have a bluff open raising range also called the raise / fold range. This means that if another player 3-bet I will fold. There is also a raise / call range, these are my best hands. An example of an open raising range could be:
Raise / Fold: A6o-A9o, K9o-KJo, A2s-A8s, K8s-KJs, Q9s-QJs, J9s-JTs
Raise / Call: AT+, A9s, KQ+, 88+

The range always depends on your position and your reads on the players behind you. If a player folds frequently and barely defends his blinds, you can often put him under pressure and continue to open raise than a calling station.

A solid strategy! I had to screenshot this for reference in the future. I think this sort of opening range will help me a lot at the tables!😁