Omaha tactics

Nandoboots

Nandoboots

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play omaha poker recently. On unibet I regularly play the freerolls and cash game with low stake. I have a question for you, I have a hard time making the right choices with the freeroll tournaments in the beginning because I have the feeling that everyone is always going all in with no idea and I die too often because of that.

What basic tips do you have for me when playing omaha tournaments?

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginnig of the tournaments just stay calm unless you have A-K-A-Q or good hands like that. after some time, game will back to normal already. Good luck bro

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are always a crapshoot in the beginning and Omaha is worse than Holdem. Play the top Omaha starting hands and bet big after the flop with the nuts. You can’t get away from family pots in a freeroll no matter how much you bet so trying to isolate players doesn’t work much.

People tend to overvalue top two pairs on the flop but they seldom win. Don’t forget that flopping the nut straight in Omaha isn’t always a sure winner. Look for hands that can improve.

Attachments

• ADBD9167-25F0-4C34-A976-8D92829052F3.jpg
    ADBD9167-25F0-4C34-A976-8D92829052F3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 10
Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not always about having high cards. Low cards come out on the board sometimes too. It's about having multiple drawing hands. If you have a cards that doesn't play nice with the others then don't see a flop. Try not to get into a pissing contest preflop because anything goes in Omaha. The best starting hands don't always finish strong and if you flop the best hand then make them pay to draw against you. Try to avoid bluffing. If you don't have it chances are someone else does.

Nandoboots

Nandoboots

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi people!

Thanks for all your feedback!! I really love the way how other users try to help everyone! There are many good tips for me! I gonna play some games now at unibet poker and pokerstars! Have a nice weekend