Nice fish luck

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Couple of months ago Lex Veldhuis did something on stream I really hated. He playe 7.5$ bounty builder and went all in every single hand, and he took like 5 or 6 bounties with all sorts of hands. He did it solely for fun, not as a strategy.

I believe players are generally playing for fun and have no clue about the strategy in poker. I wouldn't even say they are fish, just plain and simple gamblers that don't care about the end result. It's basically mindset: "If I win with the dumbest possible hand I will feel more adrenaline".

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its very nice when you get that fish luck!, when you think your dead and the river saves you.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No low fee does not justify such a game! It is 100% fat fish!

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Couple of months ago Lex Veldhuis did something on stream I really hated. He playe 7.5$ bounty builder and went all in every single hand, and he took like 5 or 6 bounties with all sorts of hands. He did it solely for fun, not as a strategy.

I believe players are generally playing for fun and have no clue about the strategy in poker. I wouldn't even say they are fish, just plain and simple gamblers that don't care about the end result. It's basically mindset: "If I win with the dumbest possible hand I will feel more adrenaline".

So how to play against those gamble players?

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
sadly in low buy in bounties tournaments , some players will call for the bounty with any 2 cards to collect your bounty , they will rarely get super lucky and win like in the hand you shared but most of the time you will double up and be gratefull for such fishy plays ;)

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only thing that makes sense of the call is that the villain has a massive chip advantage compared to you and is in the big blind. Once you get called by the bb and the other player shoves, it doesn't make sense to fold when you already invested almost 3k and it's just another 4k to call. Yes it is unlucky, but you had so little in chips it's hard to protect against the donk hands like that.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Obviously, you do not know how much money this player lost before this tournament. I think such cases should always be considered in the context of events that have happened before.

koma16

koma16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I also met with players and hands hurt, here, for example, preflop allin, maybe I shouldn't have to play all in, but he made a call with these cards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191221_202722_air.pokerdommobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20191221_202722_air.pokerdommobile.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 28
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its pretty common, that people chase to much after bounties. That being said this was a bounty builder, and you had less than the starting stack. This mean, that if you had knocked some players out and accumulated a large bounty, it might be profitable to call you with any two cards. In this case there was also a third player involved, but BB had him covered as well. Most likely 92o was a bit to lose, but you need to know the size of the bounties to say for sure, and its certainly a lot less crazy, than it would be in a normal tournament.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So how to play against those gamble players?

Theory of poker says, play against them with a narrow range of hands, meaning play as tight as possible, however, bad beats will happen that way too, and they will hurt. Considering that micro MTTs have enormous amounts of players, it is hard to win every hand, even if you are dominating every single one.

That being said, you will not earn a lot of cash playing micro MTTs regardless of the strategy you apply.

I am more inclined to play micros exclusively for fun. Just play the way you feel at the moment, and have fun along the way. (theoretically, tight is right against such bingo players)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
This tournament has all the negatives:
-micro buy in
-takes place on Saturday - everyone plays on Saturdays
-it is a bounty builder
With all the above been said it's even worse than a 10.000 people freeroll , you can play some bigger buy in tournamnts where you can may play some serious poker or just play a regulal MTT.

Don't bother with those spots , I used to do the same thing and it will only consumes your energy.Trust me and good luck!

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is the worst bad beat I've seen

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its pretty common, that people chase to much after bounties. That being said this was a bounty builder, and you had less than the starting stack. This mean, that if you had knocked some players out and accumulated a large bounty, it might be profitable to call you with any two cards. In this case there was also a third player involved, but BB had him covered as well. Most likely 92o was a bit to lose, but you need to know the size of the bounties to say for sure, and its certainly a lot less crazy, than it would be in a normal tournament.
As I understand Dude6622 said about pot value and you said about bounty value - not bad strategy in any case:D

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Bounty builder by its nature was created to prop up action at the table. In the lower buy ins that means people just go wild with it sometimes. You have to be careful of this but its also an opportunity because people play looser.

Just the nature of this beast.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This tournament has all the negatives:
-micro buy in
-takes place on Saturday - everyone plays on Saturdays
-it is a bounty builder
With all the above been said it's even worse than a 10.000 people freeroll , you can play some bigger buy in tournamnts where you can may play some serious poker or just play a regulal MTT.

Why is bad play a negative? I love bad poker players, because they allow me to win, so to me this sound like the absolute perfect tournament to play :D

Don't bother with those spots , I used to do the same thing and it will only consumes your energy.Trust me and good luck!

I agree. We got it in with AJ, given stack sizes that was a nobrainer, and then the rest is just variance. I often dont even look to see, what my opponents had, or how they won, because why does it even matter? In this hand we were actually in pretty bad shape before the flop against KK, and just because we moved ahead on the flop does not mean, we are entitled to always win ;)

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That can't be strategy. There's no way. Just clueless.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Why is bad play a negative? I love bad poker players, because they allow me to win, so to me this sound like the absolute perfect tournament to play :D

Because after a while it's not funny anymore!!
Near bubble and I had a tightish image but our friend decided to apply some GTO strategy here :D

PokerStars - 250/500 Ante 65 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: 8.16 BB
MP+1: 5.31 BB
MP+2: 10.98 BB
Hero (CO): 14.87 BB
BTN: 22.64 BB
SB: 13.77 BB
BB: 23.51 BB
UTG: 22.76 BB
UTG+1: 23.47 BB

9 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.67 BB) Hero has A A

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, BTN raises to 22.51 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, Hero calls 12.74 BB and is all-in

Flop: (32.16 BB, 2 players) T 5 9

Turn: (32.16 BB, 2 players) 7

River: (32.16 BB, 2 players) J

Hero shows A A (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 79%, Flop 80%, Turn 0%)
BTN shows 6 8 (Straight, Jack High)
(Pre 21%, Flop 20%, Turn 100%)
BTN wins 32.16 BB

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because after a while it's not funny anymore!!
Near bubble and I had a tightish image but our friend decided to apply some GTO strategy here :D

To succeed in poker we need to get past worrying about bad beats. When we have AA, we WANT to get it all in preflop against whatever, our opponent has. Its a dream situation, even if we will lose something like 1 out of 5 times. Also he had a suited 1-gapper, and he was facing a CO open, so this was not even badly played by him. He just happened to run into the absolute top of your range, and then he compensated by putting a bad beat on you. :)

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ikn how u feel, I didnt won a flip for 2 weeks on pokerstars everytime get busted by the worse hands.Today for example i got QQ and i was on the button. 2 players went all in i called. They both had 99.
FLOP:56Q
Turn:8
River:7
People get runner runner vs me very often....

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Morning.
Sometimes it happens
I think the winner of the hand was to get the straight that the jack was missing but he was lucky that he won on the flush and was even luckier that no one at the showdown had a card higher than 2 to beat him on the flush.
You are a friend every time these exploits happen in Poker anyway.:bike:

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
To succeed in poker we need to get past worrying about bad beats. When we have AA, we WANT to get it all in preflop against whatever, our opponent has. Its a dream situation, even if we will lose something like 1 out of 5 times. Also he had a suited 1-gapper, and he was facing a CO open, so this was not even badly played by him. He just happened to run into the absolute top of your range, and then he compensated by putting a bad beat on you. :)

I have written in one previous post that I don't consume my energy in those spots anymore , but we have to admit that this play by him was a 100% random click and he just got lucky.Good for him.

Apparently I open raise the top of my range here because I want to induce the action by a bad player which I made.In the very previous hand I have open shoved a weaker hands so the AA was a dream for me because I was let's say ''balanced''. But let me disagree with you that it is a good hand for 3bet re-stealing hand. Maybe in a slower paced tournament those hands are good 3 bets against specific types of opponents but here it accomplishes nothing IMO.The hand may pay you if it flops well but in all-in situations the blocking effect of Ax , Kx and some broadway hands are more reasonable and all pocket pairs of course.:bebored:

koma16

koma16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop allin... 0 comment

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200105_162030_air.pokermatchmobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200105_162030_air.pokermatchmobile.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 8