New table, short stack,push or not?

D

djg250874

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, I need to ask this, in a multi-table freeroll tournament, I got a monster hand KK got all in and lost most of my stack. No problem other player go lucky, now I get moved to a new table, I am the BB got 3.5 BB left before the hand started, after hole cards, I'm left with 2.5 BBs. Hole cards Jh 9h.Do I push? I am asking since it is a new table and have no knowledge of any of the players but it probably is going to be my best chance.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with j9 suited you have 55 percent fairness against a random hand group. it's an equity to consider, I think if you go all in with this hand it's quite possible to do that

C

Chewfulitsch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it depends what action has been before you. If you'd be up against a few players then yes, I'd say a shove is good. You have to take the relative stack size into account also. Big stacks with good hands might get involved and then you have to pray for a good flop.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Chewfulitsch said, it may depend on the action before you. Another thing to consider is you will have the small blind next hand, which will drop you to 2BB at the start. Even so, the chances of getting a premium hand later can be slim.

It's a tough position to be in, but I might push it all-in in this situation.

aqqr

aqqr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, I need to ask this, in a multi-table freeroll tournament, I got a monster hand KK got all in and lost most of my stack. No problem other player go lucky, now I get moved to a new table, I am the BB got 3.5 BB left before the hand started, after hole cards, I'm left with 2.5 BBs. Hole cards Jh 9h.Do I push? I am asking since it is a new table and have no knowledge of any of the players but it probably is going to be my best chance.

Hey. Nobody will look at you. If you have such a stack, you must push any two cards. Collin Moshman wrote that if you have enough stacks and you need to decide whether to call a push or fold, then look at the pot odds. If it's 2:1 (33%), then you can call on any two cards. Suppose you have 23o, he has AKo. You have 15bb and you are in the big blind. Someone makes push to 3.5bb and you need to deliver to the bank only 2.5bb. Chances of the bank = 2.5 / (1.5 + 3.5 + 2.5) = 0.33%. So it is mathematically beneficial to call with any two cards. Leaving your stack less than 3.5bb, you'll be closed on any two cards. Up to 10bb use any opportunity to steal the blinds.