Need your Advice

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still can not get used to the structure of CardChat tournaments. It's very difficult for me to play micro-poker when the average stack is about 10 bb. I can not build my Push-Fold range for such a structure.
I would like to hear some of the tips from the regulars of CardChat - when you decide that you need to go All-in, and when you can still play with a raise, depending on your stack?

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played a few CC freerolls so far. And I can tell you people play a bit better than the players in the freerolls.

I placed in one on intertops. It's hard to bluff in these. The CC members play a good game. It is hard to survive sometimes if you lose the first hand in the CC freeroll. The chip count is a little better though than the freerolls.

So what I've noticed is that players play a bit tighter. And it is important to win your first few hands so you can stick around and wait for good cards.

The good thing is the good competition in these CC freerolls. It will help your game rather than the freerolls because you have to play a bit looser in the regular freerolls. It is wise to play select hands in the CC games.

Goodluck...🤠

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
re

the ACR is pretty decent structure, u can actually play poker through the whole game, Now the the BOL tourney is a faster structure and is kind of an all in fest toward the last 15 people or so, those are really the only two i play, just keep that in mind and maybe open your range a bit in the BOL In late stage of turney , Good Luck

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not important to play all-in with 1.500 or 10,000 or 50,000 thousand chips, the main thing is that you have a good card for betting when players play all-in, but the small card sometimes plays well but it's dangerous to play all-in if in the distribution of a few players, well, so only have to wait for an excellent card and play!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have also played just several cardschat freerolls on pokerstars till now but i like them much more than the normal public freerolls for following reasons:

1. People play much better. You can not see many people shoving with 5 7 offsuit or playing every second hand for example. On public freerolls this is very common in the early stages.
2. Chance to win money is much better due to the much lower amount of people who play.
3. Due to the rather tight and adequate play in general these tournaments are the only free way that i know to try to practice a game which is usually seen at higher stakes games.

4. People are friendly and i am yet to see any abuse in the chat during such tournament unlike in the public freerolls.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing freerolls alot, and I have learnth more every time I play. VOV4IK is right. Really like the advice. Great Job cardcht keep it up!!!!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Everything is simple.
I think you need to wait patiently for a good card first.
Good luck.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice is to play cards and spend an excellent time. card chat freerolls are very different from the usual freerolls and tips are no different from the above mentioned.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice - you absolutely have to play tight. But when you do get a hand, you need to play it aggressively, i.e., TAG. And then you have to accept the fact that you are still going to lose a lot of the time.

You want to see the flop before committing all of your chips whenever possible. I lose most hands that I shove. You're usually only going to get called by an equally good hand, so you're going to be in a lot of flips. By definition, over time, you're only going to win half of the flips. With my luck, "half" becomes more like 1 out of 4 or 1 out of 5.

Special note: when you do see the flop and your opponent is betting like he has the nuts, he DOES have the nuts (most of the time). Get out of there fast!

Last edited:
leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hope one day i can let you know. i doing my best to try to get to the club. but the ones i played i think you can play pretty well with the time they give for blinds, etc.... but 95% when i call a all in, they have good hands. so if someone is putting all their chips in, they have a big hand. but dependes on position. if a player last to decide have a bunch of people folding in front of him, he goes all in to steal the blinds. when i called those 95% have marginal hands.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still can not get used to the structure of CardChat tournaments. It's very difficult for me to play micro-poker when the average stack is about 10 bb. I can not build my Push-Fold range for such a structure.
I would like to hear some of the tips from the regulars of CardChat - when you decide that you need to go All-in, and when you can still play with a raise, depending on your stack?

In fact, an intelligent and competent answer (advice) will give you very difficult. Why? Because the styles of the game for the time being quite a lot. And also because some cardholders play for interest, for someone it's important to get into prizes, for someone to score points in the leaderboard and believe that depending on this, everyone has his own, adapted strategy of the game. Just a few years ago I would say if your stack is less than or equal to 10BB, play the push / fold safely and train this element of the game on the simulators, which is very beneficial. Over time, the game has changed and limping or miniraise from UTG with a stack of less than 10 BB is not uncommon, and the analysis of players who play so often shows amazing results. My advice to you - start with the basics - read 3 volumes of Dan Harrington, then communicate in forums and change your strategy of the game, push / fold in such a stage at least a win-win solution, but suddenly you find something better for yourself? And have patience, everything described will take you very, very much time.

D

DeadRev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you gotta know when to hold ‘em when to fold ‘em when to walk away.

Play tighter raise those premium hands. Maybe? Poker’s hard.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hm, interesting topic, as I was wondering about it too and a lot of times I found afterwards that I was too aggressive with shoving and it looked like it was unnecessary. It's because of the fact that playing a lot of mtsng and just tournaments in general you're getting used to the certain style of play once your stack drops under 15bb. And a lot of times in CC freerolls and especially in CC League I noticed that how I used to play those stack sizes doesn't work here. For example, I remember one League game where it was pre-FT with 2 people to go and effective stack was already around 9 big blinds :eek:.

So I try to remember (which not always the case :eek:) not to go to default mode but pay attention to the average stack of remaining players. And just play calm without forcing it. Also I look at how other players act with their stacks when everyone is so short and try to learn from my own mistakes. Still it's a big problem for me, last league game I made resteal with 11bb with AJo which I shouldn't have :tomato:Because numerous times I saw a player with a very short stack at FT who played raise-fold, limped, called raises and etc when for me those were strictly push-fold situations. And if I was the one playing I would have been already out (or would have doubled :p --- though it looks like it happens rather rarely), while this player playing the way he does increases his stack, may even outlast way bigger stacks and why not, win a game! :confused:

And I don't think that's only an issue with CC structure. In some tournaments, especially turbos, that's a default scene in pre-FT stage. But I don't play them that much, so I am really lost at times :(

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to get my money in without risking the value of my hand. I don't want any limpers to get a gutshot and go for it because it is a freeroll. This normally works for me because you are able to scare the individual off of the hand by shoving instead of betting and allowing them to try and catch the run.

Other than that it is a normal tournament. Obviously, the farther that you get, the better the players are towards the final table. I wouldn't try to think about it too hard, I would try and play the hand to the best of my ability while protecting it as well. This is especially true in freerolls.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
to me you have to know the right time to bet

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's the difference how many chips are in the stack. The main thing is that the map was good. On PS almost all tournaments start with the number of chips in 1500.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Actually I like this stack size at the beginning of the CCs. Isn't it kinda traditional one?
And I also think, there is plenty of time until you come to push or fold situation.

Crazymoney16

Crazymoney16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the location and position after 12-7 bb

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hm, interesting topic, as I was wondering about it too and a lot of times I found afterwards that I was too aggressive with shoving and it looked like it was unnecessary. It's because of the fact that playing a lot of mtsng and just tournaments in general you're getting used to the certain style of play once your stack drops under 15bb. And a lot of times in CC freerolls and especially in CC League I noticed that how I used to play those stack sizes doesn't work here. For example, I remember one League game where it was pre-FT with 2 people to go and effective stack was already around 9 big blinds :eek:.

So I try to remember (which not always the case :eek:) not to go to default mode but pay attention to the average stack of remaining players. And just play calm without forcing it. Also I look at how other players act with their stacks when everyone is so short and try to learn from my own mistakes. Still it's a big problem for me, last league game I made resteal with 11bb with AJo which I shouldn't have :tomato:Because numerous times I saw a player with a very short stack at FT who played raise-fold, limped, called raises and etc when for me those were strictly push-fold situations. And if I was the one playing I would have been already out (or would have doubled :p --- though it looks like it happens rather rarely), while this player playing the way he does increases his stack, may even outlast way bigger stacks and why not, win a game! :confused:

And I don't think that's only an issue with CC structure. In some tournaments, especially turbos, that's a default scene in pre-FT stage. But I don't play them that much, so I am really lost at times :(

For me, the big problem is when there are 15-20 people left in the tournament, an effective stack of 10-15 bb and you have the hand 99-JJ, AQ AJ. This hand is too strong to check-fold on the flop without getting hit, but it's not strong enough for All-In
Because the losing ALL-in will cost you a place in the final table
Therefore, it seems to me that the problem is in the structure of the tournament - the step of the blinds growing very broad