need some advice on Tourney

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing Tourney on and off for the last month mostly freerolls and making some bad move and bad guess in few Tourneys. more number of games I have been very good in reaching to the last 10-20% of the players. My only problem in handling aggressive players or bluffers is too difficult. any recommendations on what to follow or what not to do? many situations I get to loose in very few hands with mostly to poor hands even when I have decent hand.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
you should try to analyze how you are failing and correcting, it is never easy to face aggressive players and players who do a lot of bluff, are difficult to read and understand, try to make your best game, maybe you need to play a little more aggressive but with good hands

Drhat63

Drhat63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think about it this way, if you would not raise, you can't call... It will narrow your hands played, but also make your decisions easier.

F

FloppyNutzs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally when getting down to 20% you should be getting close to the bubble. If there are loose and aggressive players in the game try to use this to your advantage.

Tighten up your range a bit and don't be afraid to open call, with plans to re raise one of these players. You can alos open shove when one of these loose aggressive players has raised pre flop. However, you will need to do this with the correct hands.

Just because the players are loose is no reason for you to become a calling station with marginal hands.

Jane Franklin

Jane Franklin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally when getting down to 20% you should be getting close to the bubble. If there are loose and aggressive players in the game try to use this to your advantage.

Tighten up your range a bit and don't be afraid to open call, with plans to re raise one of these players. You can alos open shove when one of these loose aggressive players has raised pre flop. However, you will need to do this with the correct hands.

Just because the players are loose is no reason for you to become a calling station with marginal hands.

NO!!!! It s not smart. We all can read that advice in books, forums etc. BUT Aggressive player is not stupid too) We read books too)) So it s always exactly what I expect from the other players -- PLAYING MY GAME ))) The problem is --I KNOW how to play it, but for standard players -- they don't know.

If professional football player will play chess with a professional from chess, WHO WILL WIN?
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Autor, my advice is just waiting on better combinations and do not play with an aggressive player... Anyway, don t play with him HIS game. He recognizes it very fast, will change his strategy, he even can give you to win the small pot to show you that yr new strategy is working... but after you will lose everything! Do not trust LAG player
[/FONT]
I think the good strategy will be to play more hands with LAG. Believe me, they will recognize even yr slow playing. How you make bets, how much time you think, how do you smart, yr position, what did you do before etc...
[/FONT]
Sometimes you just FEEL a trap like an animal))
[/FONT]
people usually think that LAGs is being aggressive all the time... first of all, they are not. we can play different styles too. even slowplaying)) you will never know)))
[/FONT] people usually think that LAGs are bluffing often. yeah, maybe its more often than TAGs, but its not so often. most of the time we are not. anyway i want you to believe in this)) no sense to bluff all time, guys. no sense.
[/FONT]
[/FONT] beeing a LAG means SMART risk
we are not stupid
we are not playing the game WHO IS ON THE TOP
actually I dont care
i want yr money :D easy :D:D:D:reddy::cool::rolleyes::p[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing Tourney on and off for the last month mostly freerolls and making some bad move and bad guess in few Tourneys. more number of games I have been very good in reaching to the last 10-20% of the players. My only problem in handling aggressive players or bluffers is too difficult. any recommendations on what to follow or what not to do? many situations I get to loose in very few hands with mostly to poor hands even when I have decent hand.
Try to download holdem manager.It's a powerfull weapon to get better results.It has a 30 day free tryal.

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to download holdem manager.It's a powerfull weapon to get better results.It has a 30 day free tryal.
I did downloaded and trying to learn the math. hope I can learn soon. thanks again for the guide.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Without a doubt, most importantly, be patient and always expect good cards.
If you are disciplined to play with good cards, you will be able to take the first place in the tournaments.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
since you're obviously new to the poker and mtt, I would highly suggest to start reading some Strategy articles on top of every page here on CC.
Very useful info and if you apply yourself to learn the game and with help from strategy articles, you will be on the winning path.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look at the hands you have played when in those spots, share those with cardschat and also where you feel you have played weakly or poorly, learn from that situation - i have often been card dead in tourneys and even ran low but then i have made comebacks..recently i was 34th of 35th in a tourney and came back to take 2nd place so it can be done..:)
Tell us what you felt was wrong with how you played, managing yourself is as important as managing a bully or overly aggressive player, knowing you hands, fold equity and pot odds are key as well as recognising how many big blinds are left in your stack...
multi way pots when short stacked are an opportunity as much as they are a threat..tripling up can make a massive difference in small tourneys and its your hand that needs to be evaluated..you cannot control the other players :)

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to remember, any two cards can win. When your playing against an aggressive player, your position matters A LOT! It's better to be AFTER an aggressive player than ahead of him... CardsChat has an excellent article at this link: https://www.cardschat.com/loose-aggressive-poker.php
Hope this helps :)

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against the aggressors, be patient. Take your time and do not make emotional decisions. Just wait and catch it)

A

Alex330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limp a lot of hands and play the flop . The later your position, the more hands you can limp.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay patient. When you have the urge to play loose and widen your range just remind yourself to fold. Folding is your weapon most of the time.

There are times you will want to open up your range late in the tournament. Pay attention to your table. Make notes. Take advantage of having position and so on.

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Later in the tournaments I wait for good hands. 10s or better or AK and go all in hoping for folds because picking up blinds and antes are a lot at that stage. Also wait until it folds to you in late position and raise with a marginal hands. I search for spots not nece

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also. Don’t be afraid to bust. If you think you’re ahead. Go for it

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

you have to build your hand reading ability first and have the guts to reraise/checkraise with air using your skill and understanding each individuals hand range, cbet%, and betting sizes used by the individual in each circumstance often spells what they have in their hand quite plainly a majority of the time. Peoples tendency's are often hard for even themselves to catch and be aware of. EVEN AWARE OF THE FACT some things are just so built in and reinforced ,that it leaves them feeling vulnerable and out of their ballpark to change on the fly. If the big stacks raping the table with aggression laying down isn't the way! and reraising the bluffer usually ends in a fold but if you bet first he may fold everytime he doesn't have anything allowing you no equity which isn't *amazing but if you check to him he may shove with nothing. Basically the answer to your question is Confidence experience and BALLS. others will say wait for cards and make a stand... so say we fold 15-25 hands in a row
losing 4-9 BBs
get ak and get stuck either all in preflop for 12 BBs and run against any two cards is pretty much coin flipping -minus another Ace x which is the only hand we actually dominate. You gotta learn to outplay each playstyle and doing so post flop instead of preflop is where to do it for these 2 types of opponents.
spend months only playing headsup poker and you'll get a feel for it

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to remember, any two cards can win. When your playing against an aggressive player, your position matters A LOT! It's better to be AFTER an aggressive player than ahead of him... CardsChat has an excellent article at this link: https://www.cardschat.com/loose-aggressive-poker.php
Hope this helps :)
I agree. Position is always important. Even more so in later stages of tourneys. Getting a good grip on position strategies may help your game:top:

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that you should allow your amount of Big Blinds to help dictate to you how you should take care of aggressive players, normally bluffing often. What position you are in will also be another factor as well. Pay attention to their raises compared to their beginning hand when you have a chance to see it. The normal pattern, if there is a normal pattern for constant preflop raisers, is what I call the Min raise, Middle raise, High raise element of the constant preflop raiser. Min raise = Very sorry starting hand. Middle raise = A 6 unsuited, K 10 offsuit, K 9 suited, 4 5 suited. High raise = any pocket pairs, A K through A 10, K Q suited or unsuited, Suited connectors 10 9 or above. Something in that order. Now the hands that I am showing you are just examples. You will need to figure out what they are betting with by what you see when their starting hands are showed and work from there. Pick and choose your spots wisely and burn them at the cross. Good luck!!!

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
aggressive players are the most complicated to face, often patience does not help much, especially if the tournament is fast, many times they are more aggressive against specific players, try to detect if you have a game pattern, try to analyze but to your opponents, if you feel that you are making many mistakes, try to analyze them and correct them

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with miketheman, dont be afraid to bust.
grow teeth and become agressive, look forward to death.
if you are playing on line, there is another game starting in 10 minutes...
go all in before they do and take away their fold equity.
it's like magic... :)

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should study the table of push or fold (when you are less than 20 BB then you won't make fault at this part of the game