Need help sit and go 45 man turbo

P

Peterbis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hallo everyone first post in here:)

How do you play preflop open ranges in a 45 man turbo 3.5 dollars low stake sit and go.
I play A10o+ 66+ KQo+ from UTG when i have 50-75bb is that okay? What about suited aces do you fold them UTG?

Another question do you call less from the button compared to MTT.
When I have 50-75bb I call with hands like A5s, JTs, KQ from the button etc.
Can i call or should i preserve my chips?

I only 3 bet for value except from the BB, is that okay at these stakes?

How do you defend your BB, do you defend less than MDF because opponents dont bluff so much, Flop and Turn?

Hope you can help me and have a great day:)

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no need to change your standard RFI ranges depending on, which tournament you are playing. Stack sizes are important, but they change throughout the tournament.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are situations where you need to narrow / expand your ranges. At such limits, people do not play by the Nash equilibrium, they do not know about it, they do not take into account the ICM. It's easier to disassemble with the coach, he will show and tell. On specific examples, he will better understand the ranges of this or that opponent against you.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

How do you play preflop open ranges in a 45 man turbo 3.5 dollars low stake sit and go.
I play A10o+ 66+ KQo+ from UTG when i have 50-75bb is that okay? What about suited aces do you fold them UTG?

Another question do you call less from the button compared to MTT.
When I have 50-75bb I call with hands like A5s, JTs, KQ from the button etc.

How do you defend your BB, do you defend less than MDF because opponents dont bluff so much, Flop and Turn?

I can't help, just write my experience: even all the stat software showed i am loose from bb defence, the mid, long term P/L stat showed the opposite.

When I've tried to defend more often - only preflop, vs. mid and later positions -, aggressively the BB, my ROI went significantly downer, even the 'amazing stat software showed i am not loose from BB anymore'....

I lost too many ITM because of that, and in turbo sng, you can't do it - in my opinion - effectively after the first 2-3 blind levels, except with allins, but i never tried, just saw some players systematically do it. i checked few of theirs stats, they have more % wins, but less ITM, i prefer the higher ITM and less win rate, so it's not getting so wild.....

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Did not notice that, when I replied yesterday, but welcome to the forum :)

How do you play preflop open ranges in a 45 man turbo 3.5 dollars low stake sit and go. I play A10o+ 66+ KQo+ from UTG when i have 50-75bb is that okay? What about suited aces do you fold them UTG?

I tend to prefer suited aces over ATo, but its a fairly small detail.

Another question do you call less from the button compared to MTT. When I have 50-75bb I call with hands like A5s, JTs, KQ from the button etc.

You can call with these hands, but you can also just fold or mix in some 3-bets depending on, who the opponent is, and where they are opening from. As I said yesterday already, I dont think, it makes any sense to think about this situation differently, just because you are playing a 45 man SnG rather than a time scheduled MTT. Its still poker, and in time scheduled MTTs stack sizes also quickly come down to 30-50BB.

I assume, you are talking about 3,5$ 45-man SnGs on pokerstars, because I dont know any other site, which has these games. Or rather had because yesterday they were removed from the lobby and replaced by 2$ and 5$ "on demand" SnGs. But be it for 2$, 3,5$ or 5$ these games are pretty reg infested, and most regs absolutely fold to 3-bets. So maybe you can refrain from 3-betting light against the recreational players, especially those who have demonstrated, that they just want to gamble. But as a general strategy definitly no.

Yes I definitely like to overfold in these games especially on the turn and river. Most of the regs are mass multitabling, and I also think, they are often not very good at postflop. These are fast games, and they are really all about preflop push-fold ranges after the first few blind levels. So this is not, where you find a lot of postflop wizards. Which mean, that when the big chips occationally go in on the turn and river, then as a pure default, yes they probably have it most of the time.

Of course this is an oversimplification, and like in any other games you want to adjust to individual opponents, as soon as you have reads. If you are playing with a maniac, who is involved in 60+ % of hands, and also tend to play them very aggressively, then he probably dont always have the nuts, just because he makes a big river bet. Again assuming that this is PokerStars, you really want to have a HUD running, even just to identify the different player types.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I do think your opening range is just a little too loose. I'm assuming you are playing a 9 man table? A 10o and AJo I am folding UTG.

P

Peterbis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are situations where you need to narrow / expand your ranges. At such limits, people do not play by the Nash equilibrium, they do not know about it, they do not take into account the ICM. It's easier to disassemble with the coach, he will show and tell. On specific examples, he will better understand the ranges of this or that opponent against you.

Thank you I will try that:)

P

Peterbis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Did not notice that, when I replied yesterday, but welcome to the forum :)

I tend to prefer suited aces over ATo, but its a fairly small detail.

You can call with these hands, but you can also just fold or mix in some 3-bets depending on, who the opponent is, and where they are opening from. As I said yesterday already, I dont think, it makes any sense to think about this situation differently, just because you are playing a 45 man SnG rather than a time scheduled MTT. Its still poker, and in time scheduled MTTs stack sizes also quickly come down to 30-50BB.

I assume, you are talking about 3,5$ 45-man SnGs on PokerStars, because I dont know any other site, which has these games. Or rather had because yesterday they were removed from the lobby and replaced by 2$ and 5$ "on demand" SnGs. But be it for 2$, 3,5$ or 5$ these games are pretty reg infested, and most regs absolutely fold to 3-bets. So maybe you can refrain from 3-betting light against the recreational players, especially those who have demonstrated, that they just want to gamble. But as a general strategy definitly no.

Yes I definitely like to overfold in these games especially on the turn and river. Most of the regs are mass multitabling, and I also think, they are often not very good at postflop. These are fast games, and they are really all about preflop push-fold ranges after the first few blind levels. So this is not, where you find a lot of postflop wizards. Which mean, that when the big chips occationally go in on the turn and river, then as a pure default, yes they probably have it most of the time.

Of course this is an oversimplification, and like in any other games you want to adjust to individual opponents, as soon as you have reads. If you are playing with a maniac, who is involved in 60+ % of hands, and also tend to play them very aggressively, then he probably dont always have the nuts, just because he makes a big river bet. Again assuming that this is PokerStars, you really want to have a HUD running, even just to identify the different player types.

Thank you so much fundiver this will help me a lot to becomme better😊