Need advice...

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Good afternoon, dear ones! I recently won a ticket to one of the main PS events. Up to this point, I had never played so expensive (for me). I would appreciate any helpful advice...

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Good afternoon, dear ones! I recently won a ticket to one of the main PS events. Up to this point, I had never played so expensive (for me). I would appreciate any helpful advice...
What is the ticket value?
Without knowing which value ...look into the bounty builder series which has buy ins from low to high

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you can say which main event it is, maybe someone can give you more specific advice.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that the style of play depends on the format of the tournament, but the main thing I think is to play tight and carefully.

S

SinContrato2002

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
One piece of advice I would give you is to play calmly, because they are going to put a lot of pressure on you.

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips

I know exactly how you feel, I had exactly the same experience. I once lost my entire meager bankroll and stopped playing poker for about a year or two. After logging in, I saw that my bankrol = 0, but I had a ticket for $214 that I had once won in a tournament. And this was my only opportunity to increase my bankroll without depositing any money, I played extremely tight just to get into the award-winning places, and finaly the blinds and antes ate me up. but the effect for me was amazing, From zero to hero :))

My advice is to play extremely tight until the bubble, then go crazy and enjoy the game.
BTW, choose your tournament wisely, i.e. regular or slow speed. The faster the tournament, the less chance you have of waiting for a good starting hand. DO NOT RUSH!!!

Last edited:
kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
my advice will be simple, make it to the final table and then take first place, I hope my advice was useful to you

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If you won the ticket it's like a freeroll. Just treat it like an extra opportunity and enjoy the experience.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would advise not to worry and treat it like a normal tournament. Personally, I play quite tight in important tournaments, I wait for good hands and with them I already make a big raise or all-in preflop in the hope that they will call.