Multi tabling Is it profitable or is it better to play on one table?

H

Holland

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played multitebbling and I almost went crazy playing minus since I was all confused

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you already found the answer.
When the $/hour go down, you're playing too many tables.

A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL

I LIKE IT, LOL just stick too one table buddy.

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you struggled with it, then don't do it yet. Build up confidence and consistency on one table at whatever stake level you're currently playing. Once you get good enough at that, try playing one game at that level plus a side game at a lower level. Slowly work your way up and see if you can maintain profitable play; keep practicing like that and eventually you will be able to increase ROI with multi tables. But don't rush into it.

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes an insane amount of practice. And honestly some people just can't do it and that is okay. But yes it is absolutely worth practicing and increasing your $/hr if you can stay focused.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play many tables, for example 8-10, reduce number of tables to 3-4. It's not so boring how to play one table and will be not so crazy for you if you play many tables.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To answer the thread title: Yes.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
max 4

I can play no more than 4 tables, if more, then I lose concentration and the bank goes to minus:eek:

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that if it can be profitable, as long as you know what you do, and above all you know how to control your game playing several tables at once, because honestly if you try to play 4-5 tables or more at the same time and you are not comfortable and you do not know control you, nothing good would result, I happened once, played 5 tables and for a moment I went crazy and even confused tables and it was a total disaster

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing more than one table is fine. The more hands you play the lesser variance will influence your results.

Try increasing the table number by one at a time. Start out playing 2 instead of 1... still winning? Then check what happens with 3 tables...

If you want to play lots of tables a HUD becomes a tool you wanna have because it will help you to keep track of all the different people you play against and make up for the fact that you can’t focus on what your opponents do in hands that you have folded.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lets say that for every 100 tourneys you play, based on your skills you would have a profit of 200$.

If you played one table only, you would need three months and ten days to win 200$.

If you multitable you could win those 200$ in a week or less.

The profit is the same. 100 tourneys, 200$ profit. But isnt it more profitable when you win 200$ a week instead of 3 months? It is. The downside of this, is that if you play more tables than what you are comfortable you will make mistakes and lose more money in the long run. Also if you are a losing player, instead of losing 100$ in three months and ten days, you will lose it in a week.:cool:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
First of all, you should be comfortable playing. If it is convenient for you to play two tables simultaneously, then I do not advise you to play five tables. It is important to be focused and, with experience, you can increase the number of tables but do not have to rush.
Good luck.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You must play the tables that you feel comfortable with, if you have many open and you can not concentrate you will lose money instead of winning.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think if it's profitable, as long as you feel comfortable with what you're playing and the number of tables, in my case with three tables I'm a mess, so I think that's a big part of how profitable it is to play several tables, Another thing that I think you should take into account is: how is your game? If you have played a couple of tournaments and you see that your game is not right, you should not play multiple tables, it would not make sense

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi-tables are undoubtedly very good. However, they must be able to manage.
Tell me who uses what programs for this and what is your monitor size?

L

limaozinho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For the moment I can not play more than 3 tables, I intend to gradually reach 6.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself play no more than 4 four tables at the same time, if I notice that I am losing my concentration, I reduce it to 2-3

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can win big for less playing multi table tournaments

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
then u play one table if u have problem with concetration and high buy in..small play many table

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice you didn't specify the type of games. Playing multiple cash games where the blinds never change can be quite different from playing mtts where the blinds make a dramatic difference in the later stages. I prefer to avoid playing multiple mtts because I don't think I can give proper consideration to all the hands when other factors come into play in the middle and late stages.

TeamPainter

TeamPainter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play one table at a time, for any type of table, period.

The reason for this is simple. I love the game of poker. It's so much more than "what is the percentage this player will fold based off my HUD". Its about watching players and adding the human element. I have beat the multi-tabler's out of so much money simply because I can trap them. I KNOW what they have on me because I use the same type of HUD system.

People who play multi-tables at once are VERY easy to read their next move.

Take the time to enjoy the game. Learn it. After over ten years in the game with a couple year break, I still learn something new every day :)

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes multitabling is profitable and can significantly increase your ROI. I do believe that each individual will differ with how many tables they can play and maintain optimal decisions. I think its best to just keep adding a table or 2 and that will allow you to find your max, while still maintaining good focus. For me personally I can't handle much over 8, or it just all becomes jumbled and a bit confusing. GL finding what your max +ev spot is !

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's different for every one, for me I play better max 2 tables at the same time, If I play more I begin to make bad plays so play few tables is better option to me!

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing many tables is profitable if you are a good player and have quick reasoning otherwise you will only lose money.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends. make sure you can win consistently at one table first. Move up from there. I usually do 4 with half cash and half tourneys... The tourneys don't have to watch quite as close. Until the nitty gritty, then I'll sit out on one or both cash games. freerolls are great practice. Play a table or two with a FR or two as the side game(s). Again, AFTER you've got one table down. I don't know anyone who can win in the long run multi-tabling but cannot win long term on a single table. But.... I know lots of folks who can single table well, then fall apart when they try to multi table.