Multi table , how many do you open ?

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering how many tables u guys have open at a time. I play tournaments mostly on stars and play 2 max. I like to get a feel for table and cant do that with more than 2 I feel

As much as possible, I play four tables at the same time, but for a better game, I prefer two tables at the same time

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering how many tables u guys have open at a time. I play tournaments mostly on stars and play 2 max. I like to get a feel for table and cant do that with more than 2 I feel

I used to get scatterbrained with 2 6-max tables but now I can easily play two and make quality reads in both.

Can also play 2 zoom tables if I'm not tired. Max I've managed is 3 zooms.

Can play 4 9-max tables without making a lot of reads though.

The advice that was given to me was choose a table count where you can still give both tables nearly full focus. Also, practicing more tables than I'm aiming for (with playchip games) was super helpful.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am the same way. I will play to max. It is very difficult to play and enjoy more than that.

A

AAJovheart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play 5 max. I don't think it's a good idea to play more without a hud.

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly 4, or 2 (it's never odd numbers), that's what works for me, and helps me staying focused - 2,4 or 6 tables. Also what works is playing multiple tables of one type of tournaments, for example only MTTs.
I noticed that when I'm playing multiple tables I play better, I just don't have time to make stupid decisions playing marginal hands. So yeah, if you only played one table try multiple ones and see how it goes for you🙃🙃🙃

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 is ideal for me. 4 gets a bit hectic to handle and play worsens. i dont see how people can play 6 or 8

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most often I play on 4 tables its not a problem for me concentrate on them. With the time and experience you will know your game quite good and you will get a lot of quickly decisions so more tables wouldn't be problem for you.

In this case you can only play your game,but you can't follow your opponents,you must follow your card on each table so you can't focus on enything else.
One or two table is max.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I used to think I could cope with more than three but now I limit myself to just three. As someone noted above you start playing your cards rather than the entire table.

The biggest weakness for me was missing changes in the table dynamic. I would concentrate on a hand at one table, then revert to another and miss the fact a big stack had moved onto the table. I'd make a play then get called speculatively by the big stack. I lost half my chips or even full stacks to that exact scenario several times in a row even with the better starting hand- the big stack didn't care what I was playing.

I play on a lap top and feel the only way I would expand the number of tables I play is with a desk top, double monitor set up. I don't doubt I could handle more tables, just not on a lap top.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me it depends on the speed of the game. 6max turbos, 2 tables is all I can manage. Full ring regular I can comfortably play 4.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel best when i play 4 tables fast fold poker (zoom rush whatever), six max i played 6 tables and it feels bit slower than 4 tables fast fold but i couldnt play more tables on my screen because i dont like tables to overlap...

K

Kmason531

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 tables. 3-4 fast and 2-3 regular tables.