MTT's or Sit&Go's

MasterTur

MasterTur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well for tell the true I like to play the two types.
I don't have a preference and I realy think one type of game complete the other.
Why that?

Simple, Because in MTT you need to be in Final Table for a reward, sometimes the FT it's not enough, need you to be in 5/3 handed. And in 100 MTT you take good rewards in 1-3.
Meanwhile the SnG you win more and get less money for each table,
but if you play both at the same time you can keep your bankroll with the SnGs and go for a great reward in MTTs.

Of course, this demands that you differentiate the strategy of SnG and MTTs because they are different styles of game and play the both can confuse who doesn't had a good strategy.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sit&go play is much more effective , and time-based and are relatively long

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like MTT but I think SnGs is one who will keep your bankroll live.. I usualy target few MTTs per week and play just that tournaments and try to go deep.

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed that gathering experience from sit and go improves and helps my game at mtt s

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments than SitGo because in a tournament game there is more variety, so more receiving experience is better.

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Sit & Go

I love Sit & Go, only because on short tables, I feel a game more surely! But MTT brings, it is more than joy in prize-winning places, but I will prefer Sit & Go! Good luck friends.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I start to play poker I choose always play Sit and Goes but now with my experience I play many MTT and just play Sit and Goes for saelites o some tournaments.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like to play both, although there are differences between them. But if I would choose one, I would choose SNG, firstly because of my skill level, which is not so good, and in a SNG, i think my game is consistent enough to get to ITM or even the ft. MTT's are very nice to play too, but if you are playing online, it can't be turbo or hyper-turbo, because the variance will go u p a lot and it will affect a lot your game in the long run (as well on the SNG's, but the number of player in mtt is very higher than).

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the SNG, there are usually more action, more fun to play and easier to get into the money.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play both. But winning a MTT is way better than winning a SNG. First of all a SNG comes with a manual to follow. Play only tight in early stages, push/fold in middle stages and so on. MTT is way different and better. You need to understand poker better if you want to be a constant winner. And last but not least if you ship a big-fielded MTT you gonna get paid reaaaally well. Good luck!

D

Dr Peeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT for sure. though longer and higher risk, the reward is definitely much better. more excitement. SNG are much more winable

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you, The Mtt bring more juicy prizes that are worth the
Effort, but they are harder to reach.
While in Sit & Go they are less juicy but with a greater probability of gaining frequently.

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

Hi guys, I was wonderding: what do you like the most? MTT's or Sit&Go's and why?

Personnaly I like the structure of MTT's more, but I do cash more more in Sit&Go's :)

The structure of MTT's beautiful, but and Sit&Go's not bad. Good for beginners players.

J

Just_a_Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have more success in the MTT's more often, but I just never really have the time to sit at the pc for five hours, especially since I have a jealous wife who wants me to spend all of those hours with her, ha ha. I enjoy the single table sit and goes because they are usually about an hour long. They kind of hurt my playing style in a way because I'm forced to make moves way earlier than I'd prefer, because the rate of the increasing blinds. But they are shorter than the MTT's which makes the cash outs way faster. One needs a lot of mental endurance to play marathon poker. Some people are not cut out for it will result in a blowup play.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The prize pool is huge normally in mtts compared to sitngos and the once you make it into the latter stages and hopefully the ft it is a great ROI but thing about mtts is that the field is so huge and you are only going to make the money 15-20% of the time. So for me ill rather take my chances with sitngos, especially the 180s, have a better chance getting itm and a better roi in the long run. :)

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most fun I get by playing poker are: (1) playing deep stacked deep in the money; (2) making final tables; (3) playing headsup for a sizeable BR boost. All of this happens only in MTTs.

As a bonus, I think good MTT players are generaly SnG crushers, but SnG crushers are not necessarily good MTT players.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in MTT you can play more than two hours and lose it's bad but nothing can compare with the victory in the MTT namely due to the possibility to win thousands and even tens of thousands of dollars for small buy-ins. Sit & go's for the game, a lot of time is not necessary, it's good when time, and so havent, played a couple of times, lost or won and you can further continue to go about their business

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer MTTs but will play SNGs when time is restricted.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im beginner and i prefer to play sng's cause it's faster and you can get more volume from them. When playing mtt's the path it very long and you have to know very well each stage and how you will play each hand, I mean, you need to be very precise and analitycal each hand. IMO, playing sng is very nice if you want to get better and play mmts in the long run

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am trying to concentrate on becoming a better online MTT player, I do play SnG's because of the shrter "time" investment, but to me SnG's have such variance. I grinded SnG's on BOL for 3 months because they have a weekly leaderboard so if you make the top 10-15 you get a cash bonus. Lately more people have joined in so it has become a real grind to make the money that way. I always stayed around break-even or slightly winning and then got my bonus. It was profitable but as I said I am trying to become a better MTT player