MTTs Final part

R

Rgregor

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play the final stages of a MTT tournament? I have enough trouble increasing my stack .
My game ends up tighter than at the beginning .
Any suggestion?

dnegsisabadreg

dnegsisabadreg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think about why your game tightens up near the end. It's probably because you realize how rare deeps runs are, and you're afraid of making a mistake and ruining this opportunity. Now realize that almost everyone else in the field is feeling the exact same pressure that you are! Take advantage of that pressure on your opponents and look to steal blinds and antes from the nits that are just looking to ladder up the pay-scale.

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think about why your game tightens up near the end. It's probably because you realize how rare deeps runs are, and you're afraid of making a mistake and ruining this opportunity. Now realize that almost everyone else in the field is feeling the exact same pressure that you are! Take advantage of that pressure on your opponents and look to steal blinds and antes from the nits that are just looking to ladder up the pay-scale.

+1 to this , once antes are in play opening wider is a must in most tournament situations. I feel like you should sort of be doing the opposite , beginning the tournament on the tighter side of things but starting to widen your ranges as blinds grow and antes come in to play. It becomes infinately more valuable to steal pots in the later stages of the tournament than the early ones .