MTT Strategy

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For quite some time I have been experiencing a situation while playing low level entry MTTs. Invariably I will be in the top 10% of players as we near the FT or ITM, and almost as regular as clockwork Ill get a good hand...pocket pair 9or higher, AK AQ etc and almost just as regularly I will get jammed and call and I'm out. Well recently I decided that if I get that close to ITM or the FT I will not call a jammer even with JJ or less. today I was in 12th place only 17 players left. 7 get paid I got 77. there were two raisers before me I folded, then I get 99 same thing I folded to a jammer and then AK offsuit folded again...final result I went on to win the tourney...so perhaps playing to place in the money requires some judicious folds..

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I personally love this strategy, nit that I am. LOL. Congrats on the win.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are just being results oriented or suffering from selective memory. If a call is correct, then folding will hurt your long term results. But congrats for winning a tournament :)

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I always do this when the bubble or final table is close. My experience has led me to this strategy, although sometimes it's a shame to throw away a good hand. Congratulations!