N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

I see a lot of micro and low MTT regulars playing full time, in my opinion.
They are playing from 5 to 24 tables at a time, for more than 10 hours a day, maybe 5 days per week (I do it also in Sundays).
If there is somebody here that play like this, you play without distraction? (watching a movie or something?) I really can not play without watching some movies (easy ones), like comedies, etc. Of course the main attention is on the poker game.

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey dude your nick name is familiar to me i know you from low stack sit n goes,every day we meet at the tables lol cant belive you watch movie when grinding multi table cos i know you play big volume lol..my only focus is on the game myb sometimes i watch stream of football game on mobile

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not play as good if I was watching movies. I often listen to music though.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't know whether it's possible to pay any attention to anything else, once you got 24 tables. I doubt it. Maybe like 5-8 tables if you play rather the same tournaments, otherwise you'll be relying only on stats and standard play while making decisions and that's not because you got a lot of action at other tables, but because you feel bored and want to distract yourself with a movie :confused:

O

Ofarah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn’t hurt to have a movie or listening To music in the background. As long as your main focus is poker you’re okay. Just don’t go watching any new movies that may distract you

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey dude your nick name is familiar to me i know you from low stack sit n goes,every day we meet at the tables lol cant belive you watch movie when grinding multi table cos i know you play big volume lol..my only focus is on the game myb sometimes i watch stream of football game on mobile

Yeah, I'm sure that I meet a lot of people from this forum.

As I was explaining I can't play 16 hours being fully focused on the game. Of course when I have more than 12 tables the TV is just working there, the movie comes in second part:))).
I was playing a lot of SNG, now I'm focused on MTT. They brought me most of my winnings.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know whether it's possible to pay any attention to anything else, once you got 24 tables. I doubt it. Maybe like 5-8 tables if you play rather the same tournaments, otherwise you'll be relying only on stats and standard play while making decisions and that's not because you got a lot of action at other tables, but because you feel bored and want to distract yourself with a movie :confused:
On 24 tables I don't watch something else. It's impossible:))), but the movie is still playing in the room:)))
I can't stay more than 2 hours focused without the TV. I tend to make stupid moves.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn’t hurt to have a movie or listening To music in the background. As long as your main focus is poker you’re okay. Just don’t go watching any new movies that may distract you

Here you are right. I was playing one evening and watched the Billions series:))). Poker was in the second place and I was relying only on stats and of couse I've lost 25 bucks that evening.

nobodysf00l

nobodysf00l

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmmm....personally, I don't want any visual distractions while I play...I pick up alot of info by watching how others make their moves. Music is cool.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never played more than 4 tournies at once. No clue how anyone does 10+ at a time. But even playing in 4 tournies I can allow the TV or Music to be on. It's like it gives my subconscious something to focus on so my conscious mind does not wander aimlessly from the games I am playing.

Most of the time though I play without anything else going. Just when I'm having a hard time focusing on poker, something else going actually hones my attention.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never played more than 4 tournies at once. No clue how anyone does 10+ at a time. But even playing in 4 tournies I can allow the TV or Music to be on. It's like it gives my subconscious something to focus on so my conscious mind does not wander aimlessly from the games I am playing.

Most of the time though I play without anything else going. Just when I'm having a hard time focusing on poker, something else going actually hones my attention.
I was used to play like this. I saw high stakes player, few years ago that are playing 20 tables and they said that they prefer to have lower ROI over a high number of MTT's. Ok at that moment was also the rakeback, supernova elite, etc. And they won millions.
Maybe it's better how you play, but I can't lose sundays without playing a lot of MTT's.:))
If I will increase my bankroll to 1000$(not making withdrawals), I will try to play less table and increase a little the stakes.
For example in the 1$ MTT I usually read people very well by bet size, preflop raising, stats, etc. I don't need to overthinking hands.

AndySavage

AndySavage

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always liked to have background noise on but nothing too engaging. Used to just be the TV but now it's poker podcasts or light music. I only listen to classical music or electro music (Like Pretty Lights, Big G, etc..) now because it is soft and helps to keep me in a good mood.

I found that if I listened to rap or metal/rock I would stay on tilt longer. These days I am typically playing anywhere from 2-10 tables at a time but cannot manage much more. I am hoping to increase that number but for now I am good with it. Try some classical music playlists on spotify!

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do get bored and a movie or animal documentaries keep me going. Spetialy after today's players been so versatile.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While playing poker, I'm sitting on the Internet, watching interesting videos, reading articles, reading books, watching movies, listening to music and stuff. :)

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Music sometimes. Difficult to pay attention to table dynamics when multi-tabling to begin with, let alone with TV or other visual distractions. Of course, everyone is different, so do what feels comfortable to you.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should be focused on the tables, say that some players drink alcohol, or use drugs to withstand play for several hours.When i have a couple of hours in a tournament, i watch so i do not bet bored.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not think it's a good idea to watch movies or get distracted by something else when you play !!!

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With up to 5 tables I watch movies once or twice a day as well, a little distraction is always welcome... But with more, the tables are getting too small and it would be stress for my old eyes.

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to be focused most of the time. Maybe having a movie on coudl help but it's more to just have background noise rather than paying attention to it.