MTT Help

B

BlancoMafia

Rising Star
Total posts
I cant seem to last in MTT, I get deep runs but my chips start declining due to the ante & blinds.
I'm not the most knowledgeable player but I'm wondering if there is any tips or videos you guys can recommend me to start getting to the money in tournaments. I usually play extremely passive until I get a good hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Start by taking CC free course "become a winning poker player in 30 days". It has a lot of usefull tips for especially tournament players.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Total posts
Most of the time it's because you are playing too tight.

This is where the term "change gears " comes from. When the antes go up you have better odds because there is more money in the pot. This allows you to play more hands and a wider range of cards.

When you see a big stack raise 3-4
Hands an orbit, it's not because they have the chips, that's HOW they got the chips. People freeze up and turn into rocks many times late.

Yesterday I watched my son take 4 pots in a row by raising 2.5 the bb (over 50k chips). I don't think he had a card over a jack.

You simply need to learn who is at your table and when to be aggressive. Waiting for cards never wins tournaments, you slowly die.

rock0001

rock0001

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
you need to adjust your preflop hands ranges taking into account your opponents poker style and also you should take more risks when you are in good position like button or cutoff. you might also consider to add some 3 bet lights in your game as well.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
practice with push and fold programs.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Total posts
My advice is to try to pick up a tight aggressive game style, but don't always wait for the best hands.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I, too, like you, play a quiet tight game, well, I don't often get into prizes, but I think this is normal.
You probably have a problem playing with a short stack and big blinds, for me a short stack is 20-25bb, with such a stack you only need to play all-in or fold, sit and wait until a good hand comes, there is little time, so you need to play hands of medium strength, any ace, any pocket pair, any medium connectors.