Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didnt see this coming.

Pocket 88 would you limp or raise?
Fish1

Both players checked to me. Would you raise check ? I raised 2 bb to the 3 bb pot
Fishy2

One caller and he checked to me. Raise again or Check behind? I checked.
Fishy3

River comes and he bets into me. Would you Call Raise fold?
Fishy4
I hit my gut-shot. I was only thinking about hot to extract as many chips as possible from him.
Fish6

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you miss the river diamond showing up? If he hangs to the end & suddenly gets active on just that card I am for sure not raising with the straight. Would think real hard about calling any big bet or raise. Again, what has been his/her playing behavior up to that point? Tight? Aggressive? Passive/aggressive? Wide range? For me, more to think about than a middle pair that runner x 4 into a straight looking at a possible flush. He/she bet the flush. Not the board. :) :cool:

GL & God bless.

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you miss the river diamond showing up? If he hangs to the end & suddenly gets active on just that card I am for sure not raising with the straight. Would think real hard about calling any big bet or raise. Again, what has been his/her playing behavior up to that point? Tight? Aggressive? Passive/aggressive? Wide range? For me, more to think about than a middle pair that runner x 4 into a straight looking at a possible flush. He/she bet the flush. Not the board. :) :cool:

GL & God bless.

I didn't even see the possibility of a flush. I was only focused on getting my chips in. Total mistake. Something to learn from. After evaluating the hand I saw several mistakes and thought I should share.

John_3_16

John_3_16

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear you.

I didn't even see the possibility of a flush. I was only focused on getting my chips in. Total mistake. Something to learn from. After evaluating the hand I saw several mistakes and thought I should share.

We have all made costly mistakes of pressing the wrong button, getting timed out, missing a possible hand from the board, etc.

Every game & every hand is a chance to learn as well as apply your experience. Getting excited can blind you as much as tilting can. :D Being calm & observant is the way to success.

Congrats. Lesson learned & hopefully many more good ones to come.

Post Violation? Not obscene, vulgar, sexual, hateful, threatening, or a law violation.

God bless one & all... ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :hmmmm2: :sheep: :damnmate: :driver:

Last edited:
psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could even argue that becoming so excited in those situations to the point that it affects your game IS a form of tilt. It's just one of the ways that it rears it's ugly head. Tilt is a spectrum disease. Ha.