Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on a lot of things.
Early or late in tournament?
What's the structure of cashes?
What image does Vilain has?

Would also want to know blind levels too.

But generally this is a pretty easy call most of the time. Especially if we're under 10-15bb on either end (villain or hero). So late in MTT pretty easy call. Very early in MTT probably easy as lots of maniacs shoving ATC early to double up. In middle part gets bit tricker and thus need more info.

N

Needleburst3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would probably call here 99% of the time and the 1% being if I have information on the guy being an absolute extreme nit or your extremely close to being ITM which in case I can understand a fold but its always good to play for first because thats where most of the money is at.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes this is a call, we have 13 bbs to start the hand and villain has 9. Once it folds to him and he shoves, I am never folding AKo with these effective stack sizes

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you make this call?
View attachment 243429

Clear call, no brainer!

Villain has 9bbs meaning his shoving range is super wide, even if he has a pocket pair you are flipping, other then that, he has all sorts of Ax/Kx hands that you are dominating.

In case you called, and he won the hand, regardless of what he had, don't worry much about it! It was mathematically a good call! :)

The only, and literally the ONLY spot where I wouldn't make this call is in a satellite where you are very close to the bubble. There are no pay jumps so no need to risk your stack to get a bigger one in order to win bigger prizes. In a satellite, your only goal is to reach ITM and there I would consider folding AK...

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depends a lot on your situation if you have 10bbs in position and all in preflop, now if you have 100bbs and you have any position and 3 to 4x bbs and always be aggressive!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are several factors that must be taken into account as in which stage of the tournament you are or what information you have of the opponent but without knowing anything about it seems a very clear call, the reason is a premium hand and you have to play it this is my point of view all this changes if for example you are near the bubble (because of the stack of both does not seem) or if you have information about the opponent that tells you it is better to fold but I repeat it seems an easy call

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy shove. There are more combinations of weaker aces than pairs. Even if he as a pair under AA or KK you're still in decent shape.

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks like everyone pretty much folded before they shoved. In this case - honestly Yes I would likely call the shove. There is a good chance they have pockets but AK is a strong hand as well.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snap call.

Can call A2s, A6o, K9s, KTo, QJs, 22+

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd usually call this hand, but im not saying that I wouldn't fold sometimes if I knew more. In a situation where we don't have more factors included like this one, for me it's an easy call to whatever he has :)

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would do. AK is a strong hand heads-up. Against any pair it is a coin flip, you are a underdog against KK or AA but have straight opportunities. Against non pairs you are a huge favorite.:dancing2:

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There’s a very strong possibility I’d call this shove, AK’s a premium hand with only few better hands. The only way I might not call this is near the bubble and short stacked.

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT Call or Fold to a shove

Maybe I played this wrong.

Should I have re-raised 3x. The big blind has been playing a wide range and many pots CallRaiseFold

Call or Fold here?
CallRaiseFold2

Luckily I made the right decision this time.
CallRaiseFold3

Folding in Poker