Moved To New Table?!?!?

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to settle in at a table and get a feel for all the players. I find it easier this way to figure out whose blinds I can attack or be more aggressive with. I find it so frustrating when I feel I am finding an edge at a table and I get moved, it is like starting all over again. This is part of the game though.

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
move

Sometimes its the best thing that can happen, But more then not I find that once I get into the lay of the land and a feeling of how each player is then get moved to a new spot and have to start all over building knowledge and displaying a style for the viewers.

:2in1::secruity::y:​

Yoda82

Yoda82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Table changes are just an annoying part of the game we have to live with. The only time I get pissed off about it is if we are 1 or 2 levels from late reg closing and I get moved to a table with 5 or 6 new, late reg players. Other than that, look at it as a fresh way to get into some more stacks of chips.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me very often and it really annoys. On the new table, I can't get a nice hand and I don't know why...

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be incredibly frustrating to get moved from a good table. Especially when you have everyone figured out or you have a target that you are waiting to trap because you know they are gonna shove on you or something based off the previous hands. Sometimes it’s good if there’s a table monster stack just pounding everyone. Overall I realize it’s apart of tournaments and I just try to adjust to my current table dynamics as quicksand possible. Taking notes can help out, the next time I am seated with the player I have the notes on it makes things easier to read. It’s nice when I get moved to a table where I have several notes already. Certainly makes adjusting much better.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can work both ways frustrating if your bossing that table and are one of the larger stacks then get moved and it can halt your momentum. It can be good if your short and someone is opening large quite often and taking your open shoving spots

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The table change doesn't matter to me. I just watch my new table for an orbit or two and get the just of the new table and if they move me before than well than I have to do the same thing over again to the next table to get use to that table. Yep pretty much have to be patient and observe a few hands of my opponents and see what there doing to how to play them and if I get move to soon before I can do that than I rinse and repeat.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
those changes of tables can always have a positive side or not, many times they do not change me so much in a table and it is a very strong table, it can be positive if you are in a complicated table, negative because it is to start again with the readings of the opponents, personally I always think it's a positive thing even if we do not always like the tables that we change, I think it's a good thing because you can learn a lot from other players that you can match at any time of the tournament until the final table

L

likesithere

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was under the impression that all tables were numbered in both live and online tourneys and they broke tables in order. soit is a fair system and the luck of the draw. rgs tom

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This situation is probably familiar to all players.Cope with it all in different ways, someone beats a bit, who embraces fortune, it probably still depends on you,how you cope with depression.the level of the player always depends on how he gets out of such situations, more concentration and you're on the horse!

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always see like a roulette wheel and you have to adapt to change immediately and not waste time, because if the change is made in the middle of the tournament many times you out of concentration

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are dominating your table it is bad, if at that table they did not let you move it is good.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
It is normal, also in all MTT you change table at least 4 times if you played on average 1 hour.

You just have to get used to it and program your HUD.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on previous moves. If I got caught bluffing than I'm very happy to have a new table and a new start.

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing MTT's and Getting Moved From One table to Another...Frustrated? Fuming? or It's another chance?

Some times it can happen at the most inconvenient moment and other times it seems it isn't going to happen soon enough...

How Does it effect you most of the time? Good Or Bad?

I'm undecided if its good or bad...

It has to happen sooner or later right?

This evening I've found just as I've gotten used to the game play on the table and have doubled my stack three four times then I'm moved and have low swing for an hour before I'm moved again!

Its like a roller coaster ride and adrenaline shock to the system lol but I made good of another series of satellite's as each low went to a better chance on a new table...

Tell CardsChat if Table Changes Have Been Good Or Bad To You...

Switching tables can be either.. I've been at a table and having a rolling good time increasing my stack.. Got moved and the Tournament leader was sitting to my left playing most hands. Tough to get anything going unless a beast of a hand..

Other times I've been surrounded by larger stacks and switched to a table where I am the big stack.

All you can do is play your best in either situation. The relearning who I'm playing with is the constant negative in the table swapping.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does Any One Think maybe Poker HUD's of players on new table need a few rounds before they they can start characterizing you? I've not thought of that before...

I wonder if Players Wait for their Poker HUD's to catch up before playing new opponents at the table...

So Starting at a new table do you.... Keep Vpip Low and Pfa High? as a "New Table Reputation" is built?

I have often used my first hand at a table to 3bet or jam and win some chips due to this possibility. I know a lot of HUD players wont act until they know how you play. Even effects good note takers as well.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Switching tables can sometimes be annoying, but it is good for you generally. If you are going to get to the final table you will be fighting 8 other decent players. Once you are there, you will seldom see the cards they are playing with. You should by then know something about each player. If you changed enough tables in mid-tourney, you have a good chance that you picked up some details on most of the final table. If you stayed at one or two tables too long, then you arrive at the final table not knowing your opponents.

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes it helps

Switching tables can be either.. I've been at a table and having a rolling good time increasing my stack.. Got moved and the Tournament leader was sitting to my left playing most hands. Tough to get anything going unless a beast of a hand..

Other times I've been surrounded by larger stacks and switched to a table where I am the big stack.

All you can do is play your best in either situation. The relearning who I'm playing with is the constant negative in the table swapping.

it can go both ways but if your at a table with huge stacks and you are short then surely youd be glad to go to a more balanced table
but it can be annoying if you have lost a huge portion of yours to 2 people and you get moved with no chance of revenge aswell
lol ether way it happens in all tournies and look for the positive in it
cheers

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's both helped me and hurt me. I try to adapt as best I can. The only thing I really do not like is when I get moved multiple times within a short time span, especially if I'm close to the blinds each time. Then, I'm basically just bleeding chips and don't really have a chance to observe my players before I play. Luckily, this doesn't happen too often.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes is good, sometimes is bad.
When you know how play against all table players is bad, but sometimes someone at table know how play against you too that's is good time.

specialjuice

specialjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it because when I m playing I am usually the chip leader on my table because I bluff a lot and the players got me through and then I have to adjust my playing style and when I come to a new table I can bluff again:D

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking about this last night. I’m table leader. I kinda knew we were short on chips as a table. I wasn’t much over average chips.

Got the moving notice. I thought I’d be no longer table chip leader but...

On both sides and across are stacks three times mine. 🤯

Shocking at first but you know what ? It propelled me ahead in the tournament. I had been effectively tied down by my table. Now there were ten times the chips available. I got my share.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Table changes are made from the system, for mor justice to the game! Sometimes they do not cause anything. Some other times they move you to a `better conditions` table. Some times they move you to a table with `worst conditions`. And some other times they make too many changes in the same time!!

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it because when I m playing I am usually the chip leader on my table because I bluff a lot and the players got me through and then I have to adjust my playing style and when I come to a new table I can bluff again:D

I love it!! I shall Keep my eye out for you when I'm at the Poker Stars Tables lol "specialjuice" you naughty bluffer...lol