Most effective way of playing a deepstack MTT?

R

Ricardo Morales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys, I am going to play the ACR 500K which most likely will last for about 10 hrs of playing if I get to the final table. With 15 min blinds and a 10k starting stack I would like to know if it is worth to be very tight during some stages, etc.

I personally am a LAG player who will vary his play depending upon the table image that I have, and the dynamics of the table as well. But do you guys believe that it would be a great idea to be very tight during the early stages, at least until the Late Registration Period has ended? which is 5hrs long.

All information will be much appreciated!!!!

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're deep stacked, I'm guessing it's starting at 25/50 or 50/100 level blinds, so just play tight, dont give up chips where you don't need to. 15 minutes is heaps for online so just take that into account. 4 levels an hour compared to your usual 6 is a huge difference.

Use position, play tight and you should see yourself doing quite well.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys, I am going to play the ACR 500K which most likely will last for about 10 hrs of playing if I get to the final table. With 15 min blinds and a 10k starting stack I would like to know if it is worth to be very tight during some stages, etc.

I personally am a LAG player who will vary his play depending upon the table image that I have, and the dynamics of the table as well. But do you guys believe that it would be a great idea to be very tight during the early stages, at least until the Late Registration Period has ended? which is 5hrs long.

All information will be much appreciated!!!!
be tight for 1 hour and then loose up a bit but i wouldnt reccommend bluffing until you get ITM

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes in a deepstack game you play fairly tight at the start you can lossen a little on the bubble then play good when you are itm

R

Ricardo Morales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks guys makes total sense.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although in general I agree "start tight and loose up when blinds start to matter", it's like rock-scissors-paper. If everyone else is following that sentence, you should take easy chips by playing loose.

bprpm

bprpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simples deepstack... just play good hands.... we have a lot of big blinds so can fold a lot of hands..... But this type of tournaments takes a lot of time....

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don,t need to risk your stack by stealing too much with speculative hands(depending on table dynamic ofc) and only play premium hands earlier on.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We should strive not to get ITM , We should get to the final table , and for this you need a good stack . Many players play tight in the early stages , so you should play loose and raise the stack , but do not play everything, you have to play with the mind , such as tags are often All in with top pair and top kicker , this can be used .

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
there's two main strategies: the small ball for lags players and the long ball for tags player. when deep stacked i recommand the samll ball strategy wich consist of playin in position with small pairs, suited connectors, any suited ace. and making your raises 2.5x BB. same thing with your big pairs AK or AQ. you'll be unpredictable hard to read. if you hold 76s and someone has a big pair you could easily double up if you connect with the board.

R

Ricardo Morales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great advise

there's two main strategies: the small ball for lags players and the long ball for tags player. when deep stacked i recommand the samll ball strategy wich consist of playin in position with small pairs, suited connectors, any suited ace. and making your raises 2.5x BB. same thing with your big pairs AK or AQ. you'll be unpredictable hard to read. if you hold 76s and someone has a big pair you could easily double up if you connect with the board.

I think thats a great point

R

Ricardo Morales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We should strive not to get ITM , We should get to the final table , and for this you need a good stack . Many players play tight in the early stages , so you should play loose and raise the stack , but do not play everything, you have to play with the mind , such as tags are often All in with top pair and top kicker , this can be used .

Sounds like a fair strategy. I mean if you want to make money in poker you should always be the opposite of your table. if they are loose, Tighten up, and otherwise loosen up. Thanks for the info.