Monster hands

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally hands like to play monster hands like kk aa or qq agressive .. do you guys slowplay them ?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In general you have to play them aggressively, open raise or 3bet/4bet them but there are always spots where you can just call and wait for a player after you to inflate the pot by going all in etc. So you have to make adjustments to your game based on the table dynamics.

Some other times you just have to make a call against a 3bet in order to disguise the strength of your hand.

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is typically a good idea to play them somewhat strongly pre-flop with the goal of isolating. While AA and KK are good, in multiplayer pots its strength diminishes. In terms of 3B v 4B, etc, there is value in sometimes playing super ag and sometimes disguising with calls. This much is player dependent. For loose passive, bet in to them and let them call their stack away. For LAGs, let them bluff away their chips for multiple streets. These are just a few situations--others exist and you shouldn't always play each one exactly the same. Read the environment, the game and the players and make the right decision.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play them aggressively going all-in early with AA and KK is much safer other wise you allow your opponent to cheaply improve their hand. I play QQ aggressively too but only if I raise or go all-in first. But remember they're just high pairs I have won and lost with them.

Last edited:
Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The monsters have to cast correctly stated, aggressive and it happens that on the flop they need to throw...

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the daily freerolls of cardschat if I have AA and bet on all the chips, then everyone throws as if they know that I have an irony, because when I play this non-aggressive hand, then the victory is not mine for one reason or another))

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the preflop, I play aggressively 3-5 bets depending on the blind, after the flop the situation may be different, maybe even it will have to fall, it's impossible to give advice unequivocally.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends a lot on the opponents. We can not have a fixed game model, it will greatly facilitate the reading of the game.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very often go Olin and fold these hands can't, the result is 50/50,while the result = 0!

P

pietpikel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally hands like to play monster hands like kk aa or qq agressive .. do you guys slowplay them ?
Really depends. If you are low stacked in a tournament you need to get paid. No good going all in and having everyone fold. You could have done that with 23 off !

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands