Minimum hand to CALL multiple all in bets with Mid Bounty Tournament

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its 10 minutes before the re-entry period ends in a bounty builder tournament. The table is all Brazilians who are loose aggressive. You are literally surrounded by Brazilians. A player in early position moves all in for 20k, 3 players after him move all in with 15k, 21k, and 30k respectively. Their VPIPs are all over 35%. You would be the fifth player all in if you called and you are last to act in the big blind.

You have a little over double your starting stack with 22k. Average stack is 28k and you're not even close to the bubble. You have a chance to be in the lead or close to it if you win this hand. You have a re-entry option if you lose.

What hands would you consider taking a shot at calling all in with that are below a suited Ace and why?

KQs KJs KTs ?

QJs QTs ?

67s ?

Where do you draw the line and say you would absolutely fold?

Last edited:
S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering its a re-entry tournament and you're nowhere near the bubble, I might call with a premium hand knowing that no matter how good my hole cards were, there would be a good chance I would lose this pot.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lets say the blinds are 1 and 2k for the sake of the question should it matter.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am no pro, so my answer may be wrong. With so many players shoving, with me not covering any of their stacks, and exactly because they are loose aggressive that can shove with any two, I would hit the fold button even if I had aces. Or else I would be prepared for a bad beat.

From what would be optimal, I think that a suited connector would be the best than higher hands that will be probably dominated. Because lets say the hands they shove are ak, aq, kq they have already lost outs and you have more chances with your 67s. And even if someone is shoving with pocket fives, you can easily hit a six or seven and win them.

Last edited:
henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
with 4 all ins behind, far from the bubble, I would call just with AA and KK, AK dont because they should have any A or K

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you call you are playing bingo so at that point do the cards really matter?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK AA KK or QQ maybe JJ fold everything else.:)

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA or KK, fold everything else against 5 players all-in

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly AA, 76s-JTs are gonna hold the best equity here.... if you cant pull the trigger you fold everything including AA since mid range suited connectors are gonna hold more equity then AA in this spot....

The amount of BBs matters too.... if it's around 20BBs effective stack then this range is still good.... since it is a bounty rebuy you can be very liberal with the BB amount cause there is a lot of money on the table, but you also need to consider how meny of these players you cover.... if you cover non it's less the 20BBs.... if you cover all of them I think I'm calling with this entire range regardless of how meny BBs I have.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much is the bounty?
4 players all-in? Any two cards OR fold.
Good luck !

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There's usually two "forms" of all-in multishoves. One is a bunch of pairs against one another and the other is a bunch of premium connectors and gapped connectors. There is one other form which is just purely chaotic. It's difficult to tell which one you're up against without keeping track of what the shoving players have worked with in the past. If you can somehow deduce that there are a bunch of pairs, then chances are that you will take a loss to a set or straight unless you're playing a connector or gapped connector yourself. Otherwise, for all the forms, I would maybe consider playing AA depending on the bounty amounts.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lets say the blinds are 1 and 2k for the sake of the question should it matter.

Unfortunately this ^ changes everything. Prior to you adding in this new info. I would be calling with just about any two cards (is this PKO or KO ?.. what are the bounties worth??)

BUT.. now that you've suggested that the blinds are 1k/2k, we'd only have 5bb's if we were to re-enter (I doubt they would still have re-entry at that level where a starting stack is only worth 5bb's.... although some of the Satties where they have 'seats added' on partypoker these days still have re-entry even if it means only having 6 or 7bb's).

'IF' you initial question had blinds more in the range of 300/600, 350/700 I'm going to be calling off with a wide % of hands in this spot. (ie. SC's maybe 64s+75s+86s+, 97s+ ....)

Some info. does need to be added to your question though for a more accurate answer.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Honestly AA, 76s-JTs are gonna hold the best equity here.... if you cant pull the trigger you fold everything including AA since mid range suited connectors are gonna hold more equity then AA in this spot....

The amount of BBs matters too.... if it's around 20BBs effective stack then this range is still good.... since it is a bounty rebuy you can be very liberal with the BB amount cause there is a lot of money on the table, but you also need to consider how meny of these players you cover.... if you cover non it's less the 20BBs.... if you cover all of them I think I'm calling with this entire range regardless of how meny BBs I have.

Wish I'd just read your answer before writing my own so I could've just written "I agree"

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow some great answers which has given me a lot to ponder. I got smashed by stalker kings in a bounty tonight which is a name I have given to KK which limps in early position hoping for a raise and never gets one and proceeds to the flop play. Watch out for those!

The bounty is 1/5 of the tournament entry. I look forward to more answers and thank everyone who participates.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With any of the hand you mentioned there, you are totally dominated by any range of your hands ranging from 6-6 to AA, basically it would be played to luck, with a hand that would pay K-Js because I can connect more with the board

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow some great answers which has given me a lot to ponder. I got smashed by stalker kings in a bounty tonight which is a name I have given to KK which limps in early position hoping for a raise and never gets one and proceeds to the flop play. Watch out for those!

The bounty is 1/5 of the tournament entry. I look forward to more answers and thank everyone who participates.
Don't worry, stalker kings will run into a nice set someday and learn that more than one player can slowplay a pair. [emoji57]

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA and KK only in my opinion, because there is a lot of chance to find AK and 99 TT JJ QQ.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was in this situation. I was on BB with Q2 of suit and three Villians before me go all in. I wasn’t be in mood to play that tournament but I had a ticket . I called and on the flop came Q2 and I won this multi all in bingo. The my mood for playing drastically improved. So you can showe in this situation with any two cards, suited probably are the best, if they are connected even better.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter what hand you call with, if you're facing 3 or more players in an all in situation, you're probably going to lose. That doesn't mean you shouldn't call, because if you are lucky and win the hand you'll be sitting on a fantastic stack at least for a while and, since it's a KO tournament, some money in your pocket.

That being said, you're probably facing a few people with Ax and I think that KQ is actually a great hand to call with in that case. The other players are blocking each other to top pair and you have the second and third highest cards. AA and KK are also amazing to call with, but harder to get. Lower pairs are not that great to call with because you can bet that someone else is getting a higher pair so you have to hope for a set.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold with the hands you asked. Maybe only play with AA, KK or AKs

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 5 players Allin pre (including yourself, you are #5), you should be calling with any hand that has a >20% chance of winning against 4 random hands. When this many people are allin, poker simply becomes a game of odds. If you always call in this spot with hands that have a >20% chance of winning, you will be making the right choice. I will leave the hard work up to the savvy poker players on CC whom can determine your range of hands that are >20% against 4 random hands, but it really is that simple.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands