Middle Stage Strategy

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If anyone can offer some good advice for a TAG player (during early stages), I'd appreciate it. Assuming middle stage is after late reg but before the bubble... thanks! :D

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If anyone can offer some good advice for a TAG player (during early stages), I'd appreciate it. Assuming middle stage is after late reg but before the bubble... thanks! :D

Thank U 4 Posting.

There are many factors effecting our ranges in the middle stage of the tournament.

One factor is fear of busto. You may consider the use of more pressure on villains capable of folding in the mid stages. Therefore you are going to attack villain's weakness on turn and river regardless of your holding. So learning effective bet sizing for the tournaments you are in is imperative. You want to aim at just big enough to get folds but not so much that we jeopardize chip equity going forward when we get called when we misread the situation.

Hope this helps
:):)

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All advice helps, eetenor! Thanks for the reply!

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think around that time, your stack size is going to affect your willingness to play most hands outside your normal range....perhaps.
Normally I don’t have any success when I “decide” to change gear, and do when I’m forced to or the cards and/or position dictate it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main difference between early and mid stage is, that stacks are now shorter, often around 30BB or even less in turbos. Shorter stacks increase the value of stealing blinds, and it also influence hand selection. For instance the value of small pocket pairs go down, and for this reason these hands often need to be folded from early position, or if someone else already entered the pot. There is also less room for drawing after the flop, so many things change, when stacks get shorter.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps increase the range of hands you will play, raise more in position. Good luck.

SLazarov

SLazarov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most difficult stage for me, i lose like in 80% of the time in mid stage, so would love to see suggestions too