N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

I have a question about today micro MTT game. I'm not considering myself a good player, but I have the following question.

I like to squeeze - shove, a lot:), with 10 to 25BB, when there is a minraise from middle to late position and a call after him, buy a guy with 20BB+. (I'm mentioning that the raiser and the caller are not tight nits players).

But lately, I'm seeing that the caller is having pretty strong hands like AKo, AQo, TT, JJ.

Do you think that he is calling because he knows that I might shove, in order to snap call me or he is a bad player and he 3Bets only monsters or he doesn't know what he is doing?

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you are being read. Try to change the strategy after a few big blinds.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's hard to say, but there are regs even at micros that might have noticed what you're doing especially given the small stakes that you have. But most likely I think players just call to see a flop, I don't see 3bet being used that frequently in micro tourneys.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you are being read. Try to change the strategy after a few big blinds.[/QUOTE

Yeas I was thinking about this. But I'm not squeezing with garbage. I'm doing it with pairs, A9+, suited Aces, also monsters. It depends a lot on players.

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AKo, AQo are difficult hands for beginners, maybe opponents try different ways of play these hands. I don't except also you are readable for regulars players.

Last edited:
N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AKo, AQo are difficult hands for beginners, maybe opponents try different ways of play these hands. I don't except also you are readable for regulars players.

The regs for sure know that I'm capable of doing this. That's why I squeeze also with big hands. I know that the weaker reg they get scared when you squeeze with QQ.
But this guy was not a reg. I have never seen him at the tables. Anyway it could be both. I will have to pay more attention to the caller when I squeeze.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA, KK and QQ are better hands to call with than AKo, AQo, 10 10 and JJ if they want to induce a squeeze from you, but I think they are just tight players that don't 3bet without a monster hand.