Luck or well played?

A

axel142

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that with so many blinds behind, risking the tournament with KQo, against the chip leader of the table was not a good move, his all-in could be with his strongest range and there you are almost always behind, but if your call was on base to your observation of your rival is fine

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I'm more surprised by Big Blinds move - he first raises with unsuited connectors (hoping on a straight or medium pairs?). I guess his first raise was more in order to scare anyone else out, because with this type of Hand he probably didn't really want to see the board against anyone else. Probably with his re-raise he wanted to continue scaring you off (ego?). I think your all-in move was Right, because:

1) either he folds and you win
2) you have strong pair with strong kicker (only to be defeated with Aces)

Of Course, as we're speaking of poker, there's no Always and no never. With 56 offsuit he could have kicked your ass with a board such as 234JT, K565A, 789KA.

That is why it is crucial to have experience and watch your opponents, to get a Feeling if they like to bluff or are nitty and never bluff.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad play by both the blinds. From the SB's stand point is was an open shove, and the BB's 3bet shove with 65o is just so terrible.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
KQ you can shove, you can raise call. both options are viable. Villain's allin is terrible obviously.