vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Home game, small buy-in tourney, NLHE.
5 players remain, 4 places get paid.
My stack is 5900, the short stack at the table.
The BB is 1200, I am UTG with K3off. My table image is tight-ish.
I shoved all-in instead of folding and waiting for the next hand, when I would be the BB and have to put in over 20% of my chips.
Was this a good play or a bad play?

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough spot for sure. If the person to your right(the BB) is a big stack, he is going to call you with any 2 cards. I don't think it's a bad play, especially if you have a tight image, but 9/10 times you arent going to get that all-in through when you are that short. I might opt for a fold, wait and see what the next orbit of hands brings, and shove the best one that you get. The whole thing is, when you're that short, you have no fold equity, so you are better off waiting until you pick up a pair or an Ace. Of course, you never know what the next hands will bring, and this could've been your best chance to survive.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Talk about a tough spot to be in. Being so short you need to find a spot to get in in and now. K3o and being considered tight-ish ....................... and not knowing what the other players have and what style they are.......... I think I would play a bit tight and fold it here. Chances are if you hit the king if called you win the pot but the 3 may not help you much in the end being a bad kicker and most likely being 4th pair by the end of the hand. If everyone is playing tight at the table I would shove it here and pray they all fold. The looser the table the more I would like the fold here.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult to say, you need to take into account the stacks of opponents (especially on the BB), the dynamics of the game at the table.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well perhaps with your stack I would expect one more orbit before thinking of going all in. The reason is that you give the opportunity to the bigger stacks suddenly get involved in one hand and fall before you

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi!!!in such a situation, you should not play such a hand in Olin,k3 is not the best hand,especially in one step from the prize.no.Waiting for good hands!

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Real question is did you win?

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes , I mean you are less than 10 bbs , Any Face Card is pretty much shove and Pray. Because of the bubble you're more likely to buy the blinds anyways because people are holding on to everything. You win or lose?

B

Bearclaws8989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was a good play if they folded to your all in because a tight image means you would usually have better then average holdings
Taking down the blinds is always a strong play.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Because you play tight thats a good play. They probably think you have a hand. There is only four against you and king three is that bad of a hand with five people and if you haven't seen kings on the table in a while. .

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold. BB must call with any too + top ranges of another players. So with K3o vs they ranges you have 35-40% equity maximum.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah I fold this hand and the BB unless I get something decent to go with. Looking to jam SB, button. CO with anything playable though.