low quality, post padding post to get my numbers up....

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i've been a member for about a year, but only have ~30 posts.... i think they are quality.... not something like "pocket jacks are my favorite" or anything like that...

i admit that i don't post much, but i am on here reading at least 3 or 5 days/week... does that count for something? and i believe that this site has improved my game

i'd like to get in on the freerolls except for the 50 post requirement....

i thought of starting this thread to get my numbers up without posting a question that hasn't already been asked/answered

suggestions? i guess the obvious is post more replies...

not trying to be cheeky, just get in on these.... i understand sometimes policies must be strict..

be cool scholars

i like to play mtt and sngs.... lately i've been playing the .25$ 45 player tourneys.... they are within my bankroll and are giving me the experience i need to learn and progress....

i don't think poker is a quick learn thing.... the most important ingredient in being a good poker player is experience.... and i just don't have a lot yet... i've only been playing short of 2 years, while some of the pros have been playing way longer.... so, i'm not stressed by this... and the .25$ buyins i am very comfortable with... experience at a reasonable price...

i do read a lot; i've read the first 3 harrington books, 2 others, an online microstakes book and 2 or 3 blogs.... and, now and then, a few videos on utube.... i think i do a good job of balancing my time between time at the table and time studying the game... i occasionally watch the tv shows too.. and, of course, peruse this forum regularly...

i am very pateint and realizing that is the other key ingredient.... play the right way and in the long run it should work out.... don't tilt the 80% of the time u lose with AAs and start playing dumb...

i think the biggest leak in my BR is my inclination toward playing zoom.... i guess it's my adhd, instant gratification, fast-food mentality that society breeds... it's quick, but it takes out the part about studying your opponent and playing the same opponents... which, to me is real poker..... so, i try to stay away from real-money zoom and play play-money zoom on breaks occasionally...

my tourney stats have gone from a downward slope to a break even (slightly upward) slope... so, i should stick to these and re-read the harrington books...

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
While I consider these posts to be good quality, in general 3 posts in a row by the same user in the same thread will normally be merged into 1 post.

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok, point taken..... i should be able to get to 50 posts without 'cheating'

i need to stop 'creeping' and make some comments i guess... it's only fair..

be cool

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You'll get to 50 pretty quickly I think but if I can give you a tip wait until you have more than 50 before you apply for the freeroll club, just in case some are deemed not suitable.