Losing isn't everything- right

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I feel pretty good about a hand right up until the reverend then....kaboom themPoker Gods intervene,,,I am sure there must be a scenario somewhere that has me winning. instead of whining. lol. :):):)
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/4252e09OL

You're looking at the results but all that could have been avoided by not playing KTo.

That hand requires a lot of skill to play because you won't know where you are if you hit the King for top pair and most of the time you're not going to hit any of your hole cards on a flop so unless you raise and rep strength and can get away with a cbet on the flop against decent opponents then you shouldn't play it. Don't even bother trying it against calling stations.

There is zero reason to play that trash hand with the blinds that small. Zero reason to be calling with it since your chances of hitting a straight or even the hand you did are not good. And the biggest reason not to be playing that is you're first to act in the SB but with that flop it really didn't matter but your position is awful as well.

Don't think that the blinds are so small that you can play every hand, that's how people get into trouble playing way too many hands.

GL and stay away from trash hands that will ruin your games, lol. :D

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you went all in after the flop the 22 would have folded and you win!

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Avoided??

You're looking at the results but all that could have been avoided by not playing KTo.

That hand requires a lot of skill to play because you won't know where you are if you hit the King for top pair and most of the time you're not going to hit any of your hole cards on a flop so unless you raise and rep strength and can get away with a cbet on the flop against decent opponents then you shouldn't play it. Don't even bother trying it against calling stations.

There is zero reason to play that trash hand with the blinds that small. Zero reason to be calling with it since your chances of hitting a straight or even the hand you did are not good. And the biggest reason not to be playing that is you're first to act in the SB but with that flop it really didn't matter but your position is awful as well.

Don't think that the blinds are so small that you can play every hand, that's how people get into trouble playing way too many hands.

I have to agree with your statement that all could have been avoided by not playing....duh?? really then why play at all just pack it up and go play Pickle Ball, really. not much of a helpful response.

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to agree with your statement that all could have been avoided by not playing....duh?? really then why play at all just pack it up and go play Pickle Ball, really. not much of a helpful response.

You're entitled to your opinion but the best answer you will find is not to play trashy trap hands. "Reason why you don't play those hands" is because you will lose a big stack because you decided to put out 15 chips to play for your whole entire stack. Again, you're fixed on the result and not how you got to position.

I can't emphasize this enough, the main reason why folks have trouble and complain about losing these types of hands is they play these silly 8 high or 7 high suited connectors or other trap hands like AT, AJ, AQ vs a UTG big raise that's holding an a better kicker. Forget the set of 2s, what if they had AT which is alot more plausible and makes sense???

I gave you the most simplistic, commonsense approach that works for me to avoid those hands, sorry my solution didn't help. Hopefully you find a better solution.

GL and cheers!!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No hand is immune from bad beats, the poker gods treat everyone the same.. equally unfair:):)

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also play this hand the same way as you, you just got unlucky.I've lost chips many times in situations like this, but I've won much more often)))

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I have to agree with it.

Hero = SB wit KT off.

UTG limps; (lets say he wanted to min raise)
MP raises;
BTN calls;

ok, lets go and see how it looks like by GTO perspective... ok, that is 100% fold. case closed.

The blinds are too cheap? well, it ended up costing your toournament life.

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you play all the cards when they're pretty good and you can't win with them all the time maybe try capper cards