Looking for flips early in late reg tournaments.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming you have the bankroll and can fire multiple bullets, is it more profitable to fast play early in tournaments?

alexgrin

alexgrin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what level the tournament is. Yes, sometimes you can play aggressively and quickly - but I'd rather do it with very good hands

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's wisdom in 'Getting a big stack early'. It allows you to become table captain and start picking up lots of small pots along the way.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say that it depends on the situation (as always). Ofcourse you should take your chances when you can get it in good. Especially since there is a rebuy option, however every rebuy does cost some extra cash. So don't just splash your bullets around ^^

In short, don't pass on the good opportunities but don't overdo it. Gl at the tables mate :D

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
for me it depends on the time when the blinds change, you have to feel very confident and have a lot of confidence

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's comfortable to have a big stack in the middle of the tournament, so playing a few flips to try to build your stack can't hurt that much.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trying to go for flips (preflop all ins) is kind of hard and dangerous to do early in a tournament. No one is going to call you unless they have a really good hand in which case you may very well be out of the tournament if your hand doesn't work. I try to construct good hands while the blinds are low.

A

AAbyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's better to start with the start of the tournament, otherwise it's a game of luck

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think playing fast is way to lose sooner or later it's better to take your time for more bankroll than you have:deal:

S

Sprockett

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play a loose style in the beginning of turnys. The stacks are deep and all the fish is still there. If you hit you can get a big boost to your stack. I wouldnt look for flips tho. I agree with the poster who said that this is hard and dangerous. With stacks this deep it is hard to know if you are in a flip and not dominated.

If I lose a big chunk of my stack, I will in some cases play more reckless and look for flips/taking calculated risk, that may be -chip ev. I prefer to take a re entry over sitting with a tiny stack.

My 2 cents

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's wisdom in 'Getting a big stack early'. It allows you to become table captain and start picking up lots of small pots along the way.

Nothing like winning early and controlling the table. You just have to remember they are sitting in waiting to pounce on you.