Long Tournaments

weros99

weros99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Is it better to be aggressive or cautious in long tournaments? Which one gave you the best results?

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I only play long tournaments the most of them are the best which one round lasts at least 10 minutes and in long tournaments you have to play carefully I tried to be aggressive it did not help a lot of mistakes you need be careful but also do not forget about activity, as I understand on my opat, inactivity destroys your game

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I guess a mix between the two will be the best- maybe a little bit more cautious Preflop early/mid stages when you have 50+ BBs(for example I like to see some 'cheap' flops from position against predictable players that might just 'throw' their stack away on bad boards for them...), late mtt tho when you have around 10-15 BBs, I just can't see any other way to play as your default strategy except aggressive and hope for the best(tight aggressive from early/ mid positions and loose aggressive from late positions and small blind* if you'll be first to open the action...).

GLGL all at the tables $$$

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You have to decide this everytime. Tournaments are made of phases, it's up to you know when be agressive and when be passive.

GL!!

weros99

weros99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I only play long tournaments, most of them are the best, a round lasts at least 10 minutes and in long tournaments you have to play carefully. I tried to be aggressive, it didn't help me with many mistakes. You need to be careful but don't forget about the activity either, as I understand in my opat, inactivity destroys your game
It's true that inactivity can play tricks on you

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely both! During the rebuy period I take more risks and try and get a stack, then you can take the pedal off the metal for a bit.

weros99

weros99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
You have to decide this every time. Tournaments are made up of phases, it's up to you to know when to be aggressive and when to be passive.

GL!!
hahaha I'm improving in that sense I'm training a lot so I don't make mistakes so many times

weros99

weros99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Definitely both! During the repurchase period, I take more risks and try to get a battery, then you can remove the pedal from the metal for a moment.
It's good to take more risks in the repurchase period. To have one more chance

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm in the mood I can hold long tournaments very well and I'm getting very good results, I think it's a good option for me, it gives you time to be able to play concentrated and shape your strategies.

weros99

weros99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
When I feel like it, I can endure long tournaments very well and I'm getting very good results, I think it's a good option for me, it gives you time to be able to play focused and shape your strategies.
The same thing happens to me, I did well in the bronze level cardschat tournaments. Position 40, 59 and 70 last. I need a better game but I'm getting better

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The aggressive player always has an advantage because the initiative is on his side. But in my opinion, the best option is a combination, namely a tight aggressive style.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all , long mtt are indeed very tricky imo, lots of chips to start, however can all start sliding into a negative chip count with a few early errors,
better to play a bit tight early on, get into a rhythym and start counting or measuring the mtt in number of breaks, I like wen I'm in this zone and the hrs pass by quickly this way,
aggressive is an idea, however that only works if no one plays back more aggressively, committing even 10% of your stack only to fold to a 3bet jam isn't good and will bleed your stack very early in the game, some games are 6-8 hrs long, so keep it in mind ...
gl and see you at the tables :)

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hardy play aggressive and i dont reach finals,i got to do little bit more some time

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Is it better to be aggressive or cautious in long tournaments? Which one gave you the best results?
I think aggresson is allways good. However you have to be aware of position, chip stacks and tournamente levels.

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
"Chips lost are worth more than the same amount of chips gained."

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You start carefully and wisely, and as the blinds rise you start to be more aggressive, When you decide to play a hand you must be determined and aggressive!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It doesn't really depend on being long or turbo or deep, but depending on the situation you are in in the tournament.
Chip stack size, table position and the hand you are playing, and also which opponent.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like to be cautious, I have always thought that there is no need to risk when there is not as much pressure from the blinds as in turbo tournaments, but at some point you can be aggressive, you just have to know when the time is right

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It depends a lot on the reading of the game, because playing tournaments you find players who pay with any card in their hands, and these players are very dangerous, as it is difficult to know when they have a good hand or if they are playing randomly.

When playing aggressively, have confidence in the hand you decided to play, as a player who plays randomly can only eliminate you with the luck of hitting the turn of cards.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's better to be careful-aggressive)).
That's why they are long tournaments, blinds grow slowly, you can slowly play normal poker and not bingo poker like in turbo tournaments.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to be very solid first few hours and then, the deeper you go, the more agro you play.