Limping or open limping on the button

Rawdeal1955

Rawdeal1955

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it comes to you on a limp raise and put the question in their head it will generally work in your favor. I find first to bid at a limp hand will take it. Good cards good games to you

S

snowsifter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you are limping in with sometimes limping in with great cards can disguise your hand on the button and you get to see all the action in front of you. But if there is alot of people in it you should almost reraise to get some of the weaker hands to fold

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on your position at the table and your hand. if you see something limp need to go all in with a wide range of hands. if you raise before the act on the environment.
I think OP is talking about being on the Button.
Limping is not good, if you feel you hand is not strong enough to open raise or make a rol, then fold preflop. .
:dito:
One would think they're thinking that there's a good chance you are stealing from BTN (unless you've never been opening from btn) so why limp in that spot with a good hand? (especially if they are 'very' aggressive... as in, they'll be playing back at you).
:dito: Exactly :cool:
I paid that price today... I limped KK UTG and the big blind flopped trips on the flop. I took a quick exit from the MTT. (We were both deep stacked too LOL)
You will only ever trap yourself limping

M

Martinosky11

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping OTB with medium hands its a good strategy when there are agree players on the blinds. You can limp hands like 67s+ 9T+ and some Ax are profitable.

C

Cbig23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love limping the button with hand you would want to see flops with. It would stink to get reraised from the blinds and have to fold hands like 87 suited.......