Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When constructing a profitable range to play poker with
Confined within the foundations of what we were initially taught
we are missing out

But all strategy evolves

I'm just going to TRY AS HARD AS I CAN to keep this simplified and a straight forward how to.
As the theory is quite extensive and would take 10 pages

I don't give a F$^%^ about pot equity

I'm a classic man and I like that Expected Value

Preflop Range from almost any Position
a93790004f8f36e51218a9b7f132509b.png

Red is Raise
Blue is Limp

The comments are really gonna separate the sharks from Megalodons.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I love this Jett!! <3 ANND I thoroughly agree. Well written and brilliant <3

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello my dear, it all depends on many factors. But this range is somewhat confusing. to begin with, I already visualize a Q5s as limp, however Q8s a connector with 3 gap is not. That is much better for limp. On the range of pairs I agree, however partially. 55 sb vs bb 15 bb - is it limp? or else you in the bb with 15 bb vs sb that limps? Another issue is to generalize to trap every top of the range by limping. It depends, would the table with a 50bb+ effective stack with multiple limpers and calling station vs limp with AA in EP?
I liked the mix you made between low suited connectors with limp and some AXs, KX s and some suited high connectors and suited connectors for raise, it seems well balanced to me. The point is that poker has many nuances and mathematics becomes an art with so many non-mathematical parameters that poker involves, psychological patterns, intuition and information.
There is no formula, the ranges are just parameters created based on the players' tendencies in order to exploit deficiencies or points of advantage. The funny thing is that everything changes.:)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And like a work of art, a play, a concert, a poem or a book, the experts and professionals will always have very acceptable and logical points of view and explanations. However, only the artist knows why he did it and why. If you ask him to explain, he probably won't. every second is unique for the artist and if he stops to explain what happened, he loses the present moment. Artists make and experts comment.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Poker is a fluid game <3 it does change and runs on so many factors <3 we need all sides of it to FULLY dominate <3 I appreciate the limp tactic though <3 and I am sure many people are figuring that out here <3
Great points added by Vitor <3

Last edited:
I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a fluid game <3 it does change and runs on so many factors <3 we need all sides of it to FULLY dominate <3 I appreciate the limp tactic though <3 and I am sure many people are figuring that out here <3
Great points added by Vitor <3
Yes !! and you do this art very well, I've already bumped into some traps well done by you.:)

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
IT definitely stems from how I started <3 I actually limped there because I had no idea what I was doing but there comes a time when you learn to use a deficit as a weapon. :p You have an arsenal of traps I have walked right into thinking I was all safe :p then wham-o :p

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IT definitely stems from how I started <3 I actually limped there because I had no idea what I was doing but there comes a time when you learn to use a deficit as a weapon. :p You have an arsenal of traps I have walked right into thinking I was all safe :p then wham-o :p
it's like I optimized my hero calls facing aggressive opponents. As I've always liked the art of the bluff, I understand when a bluff doesn't make sense.;)

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You laughing at me @Andyreas :p lol (do not worry, I think the best jokes stem from my silliness :p technically....I am laughing harder than you :p)

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
You laughing at me @Andyreas :p lol (do not worry, I think the best jokes stem from my silliness :p technically....I am laughing harder than you :p)
I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing WITH you. 😁

I don't comment on this topic because I don't wanna out myself as the fish or donkey I am. 🤣🤣🤣

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing WITH you. 😁 Of Course noodle :p lol I tell myself that all the time <3 lol

I don't comment on this topic because I don't wanna out myself as the fish or donkey I am. 🤣🤣🤣 Oops lol yes that is a good point too. I KNOW NOTHINGS :p

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing WITH you. 😁

I don't comment on this topic because I don't wanna out myself as the fish or donkey I am. 🤣🤣🤣
I don't have a problem with that, I'm nothing at all. What I appear to be to others is their conception:p

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello my dear, it all depends on many factors. But this range is somewhat confusing. to begin with, I already visualize a Q5s as limp, however Q8s a connector with 3 gap is not. That is much better for limp. On the range of pairs I agree, however partially. 55 sb vs bb 15 bb - is it limp? or else you in the bb with 15 bb vs sb that limps? Another issue is to generalize to trap every top of the range by limping. It depends, would the table with a 50bb+ effective stack with multiple limpers and calling station vs limp with AA in EP?
I liked the mix you made between low suited connectors with limp and some AXs, KX s and some suited high connectors and suited connectors for raise, it seems well balanced to me. The point is that poker has many nuances and mathematics becomes an art with so many non-mathematical parameters that poker involves, psychological patterns, intuition and information.
There is no formula, the ranges are just parameters created based on the players' tendencies in order to exploit deficiencies or points of advantage. The funny thing is that everything changes.:)
bro Q8 is a fold

You just wrote that for nothin look at the graph
q8 is gonna be dominated and has little EV
so ditch it

Let them play Q8 against our range

EV++++++++

Last edited:
Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When constructing a profitable range to play poker with
Confined within the foundations of what we were initially taught
we are missing out

But all strategy evolves

I'm just going to TRY AS HARD AS I CAN to keep this simplified and a straight forward how to.
As the theory is quite extensive and would take 10 pages

I don't give a F$^%^ about pot equity

I'm a classic man and I like that Expected Value

Preflop Range from almost any Position
a93790004f8f36e51218a9b7f132509b.png

Red is Raise
Blue is Limp

The comments are really gonna separate the sharks from Megalodons.
yeah, certainly is very lucrative this limps with 32s /ironic

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bro Q8 is a fold

You just wrote that for nothin look at the graph
q8 is gonna be dominated and has little EV
so ditch it