Late Registration Update

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I wanted to. Update you on my late registration system .

On Oct. 23, 2022 was 2 years since I figured out my late registration system with just .08 left in my bankroll.

Oct 23, 2022 I had made $181.29 profit playing mainly $1.65 or less buy in tournaments at the close of late registration.

I had a bankroll of over $257.00.

Last week I leveled up when I reached $265.00 in my bankroll and now I can train in $2.20 buy in tournaments and the $2.00 buy in range.

Starting from $100.00 of my bankroll my requirement for leveling up is 100 times the buy in and so 100 times $1.65 in this situation.

My next level up is $320.00.

I will also continue to build my bankroll in the $1.65 or less poker tournaments buying in at the close of late registration.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Are you saying you need to register at the end of late registration and then you'll win or I don't understand you

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I register 30 seconds to 1 minute before late registration closes.

$1.65 buy in, 50,000 starting chip stack.

I prefer the tournament being 55 players or less away from the money just in case I win 0 hands and I have a better chance of finishing in the money.

I won't register if tournament is 80 players or more away from the money.

I fold my hands 99% of tge time mainly playing big blind when no has raised and I call and let the timer go down to 1 second when it's my turn.

I want to force the big and small blinds in to short stack players.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Surely this strategy must depend on how many BBs you get when entering at end of the late reg period. Obviously if you can fold your way to a min cash then it's a winning strategy, but I think that would rarely be possible?
Chances of getting a big stack and having a deep run will be lower registering late

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

On Oct. 23, 2022 was 2 years since I figured out my late registration system with just .08 left in my bankroll.

Oct 23, 2022 I had made $181.29 profit playing mainly $1.65 or less buy in tournaments at the close of late registration.

Last week I leveled up when I reached $265.00 in my bankroll and now I can train in $2.20 buy in tournaments and the $2.00 buy in range.

Starting from $100.00 of my bankroll my requirement for leveling up is 100 times the buy in and so 100 times $1.65 in this situation.

I will also continue to build my bankroll in the $1.65 or less poker tournaments buying in at the close of late registration.
Hi.
Very good results. They testify to your discipline and patience. Obviously, you will be able to achieve your goals.
Good luck.

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surely this strategy must depend on how many BBs you get when entering at end of the late reg period. Obviously if you can fold your way to a min cash then it's a winning strategy, but I think that would rarely be possible?
Chances of getting a big stack and having a deep run will be lower registering late
On the $1.65 buy in 90 minutes late registration, 50,000 starting chip stack.

At close of registration I have around 9 big blinds.

Last week 3-$1.65 buy ins I registered for at the close of late registration we're 81 players away from the money and the other 2 tournaments we're 77 and 63 players from the money at the close of late registration and I finished in the money in all 3 tournaments.

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.
Very good results. They testify to your discipline and patience. Obviously, you will be able to achieve your goals.
Good luck.
Thank You!

My plan is to continue in each buy in range learning each closing late registration for example at the poker site I play at buy ins at $2.20 including any of the poker tournaments in the $2.00 range, then $3.30 buy ins and the $3.00 range, then $4.40 buy in tournaments and the $4.00 range and then $5.50 buy in and the $5.00 range and I will continue leveling up and I plan on making 6-7 figures by the time I retire. I'm 51.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
That's an interesting idea really! In what room or rooms do you play?

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am glad your finding this works. I always enter a end of late buy and have been doing pretty well.
Good luck hope you can achieve your goal

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Interesting strategy. 👍

On which sites do you play/does It work this way? Because with the tournaments I play, you can rarely get ITM by folding every hand and usually there's rare occasions where you only face limpers in the BB.

I also use the late registration as my strategy but I try to wait for premium hands and a potential double up and if it works, it usually ends up ITM as well.

This play allows to get in the game sometimes and also you can manage to get to FT or even win, rather than just min-cash everytime.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If everything was as simple as you think, then all poker players would be millionaires, but unfortunately poker is ruthless and unfair. Anyone can learn to play poker. Talent is not the determining factor in this game, and hard work is the basis of success in poker. However, it is of little use if you do not know where to apply the effort. A lot of great players lost all the money, not because they played badly, but because they did not know how to control themselves.

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's an interesting idea really! In what room or rooms do you play?
I play micro stakes at Betonline Poker, but they have not been playing certain micro tournaments and there also making new tournaments.

I normally play $1.65 buy ins or less no bounty, no R/A and I like a 50,000 or more starting chip stack and like 90-2 hour late registrations and the reason for that the more players that are entered in the poker tournament the more players who finish in the money and so when I register 30 seconds-1 minute before late registration closes I then have a better chance of finishing in the money.

I also look at chip stacks.
So for example if the tournament is 35 players away from the money 3 minutes away from late registration closing and it's a 50,000 starting chip stack.

Starting from the lowest chip stack I count how many players there are from the lowest chip stack to the 50,000 starting chip stack.

If there"s 28 players 50,000 in chips or less that is a good indication that I have a good chance of finishing in the money if I'm only playing the big blind mainly and very few small blinds if any at all.

Players above 50,000 chip stacks most commonly play aggressively and go all in and eliminate themselves as there betting aggressively and going all-in so I have even a better chance of placing in the money.

Which brings me to my 10 hand experiment.

When using my late registration I want to know how aggressive the players are in the tournament.
So, at the close of late registration from the tournament I mentioned above I register for the tournament at the close of late registration and we're now 32 players away from the money.

Using my 10 hand experiment and letting the timer go down to 1 second left unless the blinds are going up to me in approximately 2 minutes or less. At 5 hands played I want to see at least 16 players eliminated from the tournament which is half of the 32 players away from the money at the close of late registration.

When we get to 10 hands played I want the tournament to either be in the money or just a few players from the money.

Half of the 32 players or less we're eliminated in 10 hands that tells me what I need to know that the players are playing tight.

When I register in a poker tournament at the close of late registration over 92% of the time the players in that tournament are raising aggressively and going all-in based on my 10 hand experiment.

For each buy-in level I have never lost more then 2 poker tournaments in a row.
Those tournaments are .25, cents, .66 cents, $1.05, $1.10 and $1.65 buy ins.

Please note as of over the past 2 weeks the lowest tournaments buy in I've seen for the tournaments I buy in at the close of late registration is $1.10 at Betonline Poker.

I want 55 players or less away from the money at the close of late registration.

2 weeks ago I made a decision that if at the close of late registration there is 80 players or more away from the money I won't register at the close of late registration.

I win 0-3 hands when I finish in the money.

The past 2 weeks I have been winning between 0-1 hand and still finishing in the money.

I'm at the sharkscope site my screen name is mecke28.
You can look at my most recent poker tournament results there.

My first focus is placing in the money. Once I finish in the money how many players away from the money is it to winning more money im the prize pool.

It's also about building my bankroll.

I learned about bankroll management in 1993 from a professional handicapper in horse racing who taught me all about handicapping horse races.

I usually have around 9 big blinds in my chip stack when I register at the close of late registration.

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting strategy. 👍

On which sites do you play/does It work this way? Because with the tournaments I play, you can rarely get ITM by folding every hand and usually there's rare occasions where you only face limpers in the BB.

I also use the late registration as my strategy but I try to wait for premium hands and a potential double up and if it works, it usually ends up ITM as well.

This play allows to get in the game sometimes and also you can manage to get to FT or even win, rather than just min-cash everytime.
Betonline Poker is where I play.

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am glad your finding this works. I always enter a end of late buy and have been doing pretty well.
Good luck hope you can achieve your goal
Thank You! My goal is a long term goal to make 6-7 figures by the time I retire.
I'm 51.

Also another goal is to learn each buy in level ($3.30 buy in and the$3.00 level, $4.40 and the $4.00 range,etc.).

Slow and steady wins the race!

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Would be interesting if such strategy works in room likee PS or 888, because at least there are much more people playing these tournaments and i can't imagine that it would be 30-40 people to the money when the late registration ends. I'll try to look at this ;)

F

Felecamo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GT
Chips
Hello! I wanted to. Update it on my late registration system.

On October 23, 2022, 2 years passed since I discovered my late registration system with only .08 in my funds.

October 23, 2022 I made a profit of $181.29 playing mostly tournaments of $1.65 or less at the close of late registration.

He had a bankroll of more than $257.00.

Last week I leveled up when I reached $265.00 in my bankroll and now I can train in tournaments with $2.20 starting and the $2.00 entry range.

Starting at $100.00 of my funds, my requirement to level up is 100 times the entry and, therefore, 100 times $1.65 in this situation.

My next level is $320.00.

I will also continue to increase my poker tournament budget of $1.65 or less with the ticket purchase
Wow how good you've been winning, but at high levels you'll have to change your strategy or be very lucky, maybe you can use that money you've earned in training and thus not depend on luck, but whatever it is congratulations

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Is your strategy to only register late when the blinds are quite high? As I understand it, you play aggressively and bet all-in with a more or less good hand?)

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also look at chip stacks.
So for example if the tournament is 35 players away from the money 3 minutes away from late registration closing and it's a 50,000 starting chip stack
I checked few tourneys at GG for this thing and I haven't found any in which there were less then 100 players to the ITM, around 20 seconds to end of registration. I think, therefore, that this is site specific, for smaller tourneys. Very helpful advice, though.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

OMG, mecke28 is on CardsChat!!!! :)

Dude, I have been harassing you in the micro games!

You have shown some serious dedication to min cashing in micros, but I've been trying to help you increase your ROI so you can make more than 11 cents per game.

Now that you have a good handle on the late reg strategy, you need to open up your game more and try to win some of these (just min cashing for eternity won't get you very far!). ;)

Edit: Also as I have been saying to you on the tables, you really want to transition away from relying on time banking to get ITM. Not only is it extremely annoying to the other players but you are basically admitting that you can't accumulate chips for yourself and don't want to play any hands. I get it, I really do. ;)

Last edited:
M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is your strategy to only register late when the blinds are quite high? As I understand it, you play aggressively and bet all-in with a more or less good hand?)
My strategy is to register late registration where the tournament is 55 players or less from the money.
For example the $1.65 buy in I have many times where it is over 55 players from the money, but this is the decision I've been making regarding a tournament with more than 55 players away from the money 30 seconds- 1 min before late registration closes where if I know at the close of late registration that the tournament will be 80 or more players from the money I won't register for the tournament.

In the $1.65 buy in I have around 9 big blinds at the close of late registration.

My strategy is to finish in the money to build my bankroll, so I mainly play only the big blind when no one has raised preflop and I limp in.

Every once in a while I will play the small blind.

To be clear I want to slide into the money playing very minimal hands.
So, I might win on average 0-3 hands before finishing in the money.

Over the past 2 weeks I would win on average 0-1 hands before placing in the money when I register at the close of late registration.

Oh also I didn't tell you what else I do when I'm not getting the cards and have 1 big blind or less I will be forced all-in by the big and small blinds and antes.

My record is 10 forced all ins by the big and small blinds and antes winning all 10 hands in a tournament.

What I've noticed in these tournaments I'm in if a player is being forced all-in by the blinds,antes whether there sitting out or playing if those players win the hand then other players have a better chance to win when there forced all-in.

Why would I allow myself ti be forced all-in? Because of the variance I've noticed when I'm 1-3 hands from being forced all-in and I get a hand 99% when I play that good hand I lose and I'm out of the tournament. So, if I get forced all-in and let's say I'm in the money if there's a chance to make more money I'm going to do it to continue to build my bankroll.

I have over a $270.00 bankroll from .08 cents over 2 years ago using my late registration system.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
OMG, mecke28 is on CardsChat!!!! :)

Dude, I have been harassing you in the micro games!
I hoped the two of you meet here.

It feels like in the movies, when the two main characters meet for the first time and then the movie really starts to get fun. 🤓😁

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I checked few tourneys at GG for this thing and I haven't found any in which there were less then 100 players to the ITM, around 20 seconds to end of registration. I think, therefore, that this is site specific, for smaller tourneys. Very helpful advice, though.

I play at Betonline Poker mainly. I have finished in the money using late registration at NLOP and Global Poker, but I haven't been playing alot of tournaments there.

I can only speak for pokerstars with play money for U.S. players which I use as a training tool, but I've placed in the money (winning play chips) using my late registration system.

Blockchain Poker I've placed in the money many times winning small amounts of crypto currency using my late registration system.

Last edited: