Late registration good or bad

M

Meeshu71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself have late registered maybe half a dozen times but it only seemed to help me once or twice.

My question is do you think it's an advantage?

I've seen myself playing 1 or 2hrs in a tournament starting with 10k in chips for example scrambling to 18k for someone to sit down with 10k and double up a couple of times in a few minutes which kinda hacks me off.
Cheers

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like long late registration period and I usually avoid tournaments with very long late registration

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ALWAYS use late reg. simply because too many hours of poker downgrades my performance. It is up to the player when he registers, but except for very, VERY important tournaments - I always use late reg.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad. especially when its 3 hours in and the leaders on 100k plus at that point why even enter. Should be ten minutes late reg on all tournies ..

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good if the buy-in is more expensive than 10 cents. And bad if it's free or cheap =D

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But remember one important thing! If you are an early bird, then you have time to study your rivals before those who arrive late. And of course you have a higher chance of accumulating a large number of your chips in order to dominate the final stage.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I'd imagine that whenever i'm playing cardchat 888 events i basically take full adventage of late reg by joining in the last minute ... is it wise decision or not who cares ;)

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don’t feel comfortable, don’t do it! I expressly like to register in late registration phase tournaments. Most tournaments are deep stacks, so I think late regs have no risk!

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If blinds time is slow then it can be a good thing. If its hyper turbo or turbo they are already much ahead in chips and you're simply at a huge disadvantage. I like to play it from the beggining though, find it much better

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like that some tournaments have late registration. The main thing is that it should not be too long. I think that half an hour or an hour is normal. But I do not like tournaments with late registration of 2 hours.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always played since the beginning of the tournament, but it can be tiring. Especially where the late registration is 2 hours. As this 2 hour period passes, my concentration drops. I started entering the tournament before the end of registration, and I can say that it is ok.I enter near the end of registration and I have enough chips to play. But, if they are turbo or hyper, I do not recommend. The stakes are already high, and you will have a hard time getting them.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I normally don't mind late registration, but when you combine with rebuys it can make it seem like a real uphill battle. Nothing worse than playing for 3 hours and finding yourself trailing a late reg with multiple rebuys.

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like late registration. I think registering soon is an advantage, you have more time to study your opponents and you can build your 'tight' or 'loose'' image correctly.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I like late registration specially werre the bllinds are slow. For instance in 40 minute levels, starting at 25/50 , with 15.000 entry level chips, if you enter in level 5, you save allmost 4 hours and you come in about 100 /200 with a huge amount of blinds. Especially if its a rebuy tourney, so that I avoid erly multiple rebuys.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself have late registered maybe half a dozen times but it only seemed to help me once or twice.

I've seen myself playing 1 or 2hrs in a tournament starting with 10k in chips for example scrambling to 18k for someone to sit down with 10k and double up a couple of times in a few minutes which kinda hacks me off.
Cheers

Late registrations, in my opinion, are BS it's unfair to the players who have registered before the game started. It's a ploy by the site to generate more money for them. It's funny when they claim they use the added players money to increase the prize money if some do it's minimal

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer joining tournaments at the very beginning because it lets me study my opponents more.

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personal enblo I find it very bad to enter a tournament late especially if it is for bounty. Since there are many first levels there are many fish and you have to take advantage

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
overall i would say its bad for the game. at most it should be 30min if needed, but definitely not hours upon hours like in some sites.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a big fan of late registration. I will usually avoid joining a tournament any later than the third level. I'm not too fond of coming after the blinds have gotten up to the point where I'm starting off with a significant blind disadvantage that the rest of the table is going to be able exploit.

Last edited:
Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Cheers

I usually use late registration to play step tournaments. In these, the range of awards is broader. So I enter with the mentality that I just have to qualify. And don't win the tournament. With that, I make 1 cent to become a 1 dollar ticket through two steps.

D

Dmitrij32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration is not very good for me, because I am a passive player and I like to get the bankroll gradually. But aggressive players may well like it.

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to catch last minutes of tournaments, works for me all the time. I love to play K.O. poker so at least i get my money back. Sometimes extra money also.

If is not to long late registration then i am joining tournament at beggining.

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I registered late myself, maybe half a dozen times, but it seemed to me that this helps me once or twice.

My question is, do you think this is an advantage?

I saw me play 1 or 2 hours in a tournament, starting at 10K in chips, for example, going up 18K so that someone could sit down with 10K and double a couple of times in a few minutes, which somehow made me angry ,
Greetings

I believe that late registration is not an advantage. I speak from my own experience. You can go to late registration only if the level lasts about 15 minutes. Then yes. This is especially true for tournaments such as the SCOOP2020. Better to go at the very beginning of the tournament.

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the tourney. You have some tourneys where a lot of seats are paid so I late register for them. I don't late register when I would have to play with 20 bb because it doesn't make any sense to me. When you late register and you have over 30 bb, that's good.