mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me it depends on: if the registration is 3 hours or more: I register in the middle of the tournament, if the tournament is turbo and the registration is 1 hour: I register from the beginning, but I think it is a matter of preferences, there are people who register at the last minute that's how they like it, they have their strategies and they do very well in the tournaments

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When is the best time to enter a tournament? Register before the tournament starts, halfway through late registration, or maybe in the last minute of late registration? Or maybe it doesn't matter at all?
I like to register for tournaments before they start. But I also register quite often during late registration, but only in the early stages. If the tournament lasts no more than 15-20 minutes, then I can still register, but if the tournament lasts for half an hour or more, then I will no longer play in such a tournament.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Why enter a tournament with a heavily decreased number of blinds remaining to you?

doubledribl

doubledribl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a knockout tournament is best played at the beginning, all other tournaments depend on the blind levels, but the minimum is 25-30 bb which is comfortable to play.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It matters, because it is very important when you are going to get into the game. Better you enter till the half of the late registration time. This because if you enter after this point and especially at the end of late registration the blinds will be very high and your tiny starting stack will be vanished quickly. But even if you stand in the game, too many players will have much bigger stacks and they can play very aggressively. Also if you enter earlier you will study the game and the opponents much more and you will be in position to answer better to the difficulties of the game.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like to register from the beginning, regardless of the registration time, I feel less pressure and I think I can adapt better to the game, I can make better readings of the players and as I said before I feel less pressure due to the blinds

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to register late, but it really depends on whether the tournament is fast or slow, and how many blinds I enter with.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If it's a high buy in I will try to register early to play as many hands as possible . For a low buy in event that I usually play I to not care .

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends if your good at deep stack play or want to learn short stack play or are good at short stack play.

ICM advantage of late reg is just over estimated so if that is the only thing you have then better not late reg.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I rarely register for a tournament when there is late registration. For me, late registration is somewhat stressful, when you have to play more aggressively and take more risks. Since I don't like rush, aggression, and since I have quite conservative views, I prefer to register before the start of the tournament.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have heard it is "better" to late register, but I feel there is more pressure at that point because you are shorter stacked and have to gamble more. I prefer to play from the start when the blinds are low and stacks are deep. I enjoy learning about the other players and let my nerves settle while I can easily fold when in early position.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For regular tournaments I prefer to late register, like 1 hour late. For bounty tournaments I usually don't use late registration and if I use is only a couple of levels.

Jessica1507

Jessica1507

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
When is the best time to enter a tournament? Register before the tournament starts, halfway through late registration, or maybe in the last minute of late registration? Or maybe it doesn't matter at all?
If you have a KO prize, it is essential to get it at the beginning of the game. If it's regular it depends on how many blinds you enter. I think that less than 20 blinds makes it difficult to play. However...I am against tournaments with late registration, re-entries or chip increases