Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
poker sites are interested in having a lot of players in each tournament, so the late registration is 1 hour or more. I don't think there are tournaments with such low late registration, I think a while ago even homegames had a late registration of 1 hour minimum

AKShark

AKShark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DK
Chips
Poker sites are interested in having a lot of players in each tournament, so the late registration is 1 hour or more. I don't think there are tournaments with such low late registration, I think a while ago even homegames had a late registration of 1 hour minimum
I prefer rebuy tournaments in stead of late registration tournaments

hi_im_grimm

hi_im_grimm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
I think there are some tournaments which have super turbo formats and the late reg. is not that long... also I saw some private/freerolls which has no late reg. at all..

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You won't be able to see such late registrations in poker because poker benefits from letting a lot of players into the tournament, so late registration is more than 1 hour If you want long late registration not to play turbo and hyper turbo then you will be able to register 30 minutes late and play quietly

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think it is difficult to find a good tounament with less than an hour late registration.
I would like a lot more tournaments with not more than 10 min late registration
Hello, if you don't like that the late registration is prolonged, you should try the Sit&Go modality

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yea, I don't understand people that buy in late reg after like 1.5hours. You are already so far below the average chip stack, why would you do this?

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think it is difficult to find a good tounament with less than an hour late registration.
if it's a freeroll with at least 1000 people, I like to enter when 50 minutes have passed, all not very adequate people are eliminated

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can understand that the Poker Sites want a lot of people in the tournament. The costs have to be covered.
The problem is the not adequate players that enter late and push every crappy hand.
You have made your way through the not adequate early players that push every crap and now you have to tighten up again against those late registrators that come in with 25bb or less.
This makes your stack mostly a lot more shallow.

AKShark

AKShark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DK
Chips
I can understand that the Poker Sites want a lot of people in the tournament. The costs have to be covered.
The problem is the not adequate players that enter late and push every crappy hand.
You have made your way through the not adequate early players that push every crap and now you have to tighten up again against those late registrators that come in with 25bb or less.
This makes your stack mostly a lot more shallow.
I totally agree with you, thats also why i like rebuy more, then the crazy are gone when the game really starts

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Although I prefer tournaments without late registration, I have seen many such tournaments on GG Poker and on the ACR. There, late registration lasted from one hour to three.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
You can always join (good tournament) in the last minute/seconds of late reg ...

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes, it is very difficult to get tournaments where the registration is not so long, I think that only the free ones and the hyperturbo tournaments, one or another turbo tournament, but I dare say that all the tournaments that have slow blinds have a long registration time, I think that it is more convenient for poker rooms like this so that you can reach the gtd prize or more

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always try to register for the tournament a little later than it actually starts, I understand your difficulty in tournaments that have late registration of an hour or more!:unsure:⌚⌚

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, I don't understand people that buy in late reg after like 1.5hours. You are already so far below the average chip stack, why would you do this?
I late register into all my mtts, usually right before late registration ends, and I start with 10-15 bbs.

I just play accordingly to my stack size and stacks on the table. what's the difference between starting with 15 bbs when I register late and getting down to 15 bbs, even though I registered on time? practically nothing. i still need to play the 15 bb stack properly.

for personal reasons, I like it because it saves time, I make more profit / hour, there is less variance, and I do much better.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also try to play tournaments without late registration. Poker takes quite a lot of time anyway, but tournaments with late registration last a very long time.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I go to matinees where 5 hours of late registration is already in the last minutes and reach the final table, and sometimes I play from the very beginning and merge before the late registration ends.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Late entries have the role of gathering as many players as possible, increasing the prize fund and unfortunately also dividing the number of winners too thinly the rewards. Many enter from the beginning doing over ten rebys and do not reach the reward. It is advisable to save time and money by entering before the end of double reby registrations.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah u wont really, I've seen a few 35 mins ones like knockouts or u may want to join 30 minutes after start, with 30 minutes late reg left!

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Exactly, it is very difficult to get tournaments like this, but in those cases when I am going to play a tournament that has a long registration time, what I do is register in the middle of the tournament, for example, if there are 3 hours of registration, I expect 1h 30m to pass or even 2 hours and then I register, so I feel more comfortable

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes! But gone are the 'good old days'.
I miss lots of the way things used to be in online poker. We just need to adapt and move forward. :(