Late reg question

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand if you late reg for a tournament you'll get a fresh stack when sitting down but what if you register before the tournament starts and decide not to sit for the first few levels ? Will the floor know that the seat is registered and begin blinding it off or will you get a fresh stack whenever you decide to sit?

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once you register, your chips are in play once the tournament starts, so when you do finally show up your stack will be less because all antes would have been taken as though you were there playing. Your cards are folded each round until you sit down.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Registered and not on your seat, your stack is in play.
If late registration is allowed than better come in later and start with full stack.

Thanks

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not registered then you do not have any chips to play, ergo they are not in play.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand if you late reg for a tournament you'll get a fresh stack when sitting down but what if you register before the tournament starts and decide not to sit for the first few levels ? Will the floor know that the seat is registered and begin blinding it off or will you get a fresh stack whenever you decide to sit?

If you register before the tournament starts and decide not to sit for the first few levels the blinds will be taken from your stack along with the ante (if any) from the very start of the tournament.

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you register before it starts then as soon as it starts.....you will be sat down wether your playing or not. You can only "skip" levels by registering later in the tournament. :)

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do we mean by registering ? Where I play, you can pay the buy-in + house fee and get your receipt, but you don't get your chips until you get your seat/table assignment and sit down at the table. I've let an hour or so pass between paying and sitting down and getting my full stack of chips.