Late reg games

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ONE QUESTION...... last five levels of late reg do you push it or tighten up with a big stack or keep gambling...

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact, that late registration is still possible, does not change my strategy at all. Maybe you can say, that some people will (incorrectly) be more willing to take risks, if they can reenter, and that we can make some small adjustments for that. But its not a big deal, and it will totally depend on, who is at your table. Good players dont play any different, just because they can reenter, because reentering cost money.

The much more important change happens, when the bubble approaches. This is, when you really need to make adjustments either to avoid bubbling yourself, or as a big stack to apply pressure to small and medium stacks, who might be overly concerned with bubbling. The most important phase however is the final table. This is, where the big money is distributed, and here you really need to understand ICM and the importance of stack sizes.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my strategy doesnt change on late reg either

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t pay attention to late registration times. I also don’t understand why people late reg when they only get 10-15 starting bb. You pretty much have to go all in during the first round and most people will have you covered by a wide margin. Guess they are gamblers more than poker players.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ONE QUESTION...... last five levels of late reg do you push it or tighten up with a big stack or keep gambling...

As already stated - the stage of the tournament shouldn't have anything to do with how you are playing unless you are on a money bubble or a spot that has icm implications (the final table or final 2 tables). I don't know why you would consider just going wreckers because you can still rebuy? You also ask should you "keep gambling" - I don't gamble when I play poker, I play the odds, stick to the math and correct GTO/exploitative plays at hand. If you want to "gamble" then tournament poker will eat you alive in no time.

Just because you CAN rebuy doesn't mean you should want to. Thats counter productive. You should play your effective stack size the same no matter the stage of the tournament with the two exceptions I mentioned above.

The only thing I care about when it comes to late reg is how many BBs I can start with from a fresh buy in - if it's less than 25BB, I dont even register. Its not worth my time because 15bb or so is going to put me in tough spots and normal variance is bad enough without having to sit down and play push/fold from the jump.

How many times have you seen people rebuy so late they start with 10bb or less, and then go broke again a few hands later? Happens all the time, I just laugh at those fools because they are just lighting money on fire. Sure, you get lucky once in a while and find 2 double up and before you know it you're playing a 35bb stack, but how often does that happen?? It's alot less than you shipping that last 8-10bb and losing the flip and going broke again.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to play tournaments with late registration or re-entry. And if I play, then I enter the game immediately after it starts and do not use repeated entrances.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not like late registration. I prefer to register before the start of the tournament. In my opinion, registering before the start of the tournament gives me more chances.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love late reg, I always go to games in the last minutes.Either fly away or double up and keep playing,late reg saves my time)

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In general, I don't pay much attention to late registration, and I don't think that will change my game strategy, no matter how long it takes for the registration to finish, I try to make my game normal, I think the only way it affects my game is if I register in the last levels, I try to play a little differently to try to level myself with other players

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
late registration allows you to play more tournaments with fewer tables at the same time on the screen. But there are different logics, which one to follow - as it is more convenient for you, the main thing is to bring results.I play in the first 45 minutes, but I play from the backers and I'm here rather just not to forget about some tournament from the grid. Usually, after all, you get involved in all tournaments at once and don't think about it anymore. And if you think that you need to register manually, you can forget. Yes, the issue of late registration is also a matter of selection. Now the fields in MTT are small, you can see who sat down at the table and try to have time to sit down at the one you like.

Top 10 Games