ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MP min raise to 2bb (10bb eff)

MP +2 limp (65bb eff)

Do we jam here KQo in the small blind with 12bb?

Last level late reg

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MP min raise to 2bb (10bb eff)

MP +2 limp (65bb eff)

Do we jam here KQo in the small blind with 12bb?

Last level late reg

I would probably flat this and see if I connect with the flop. A case could be made to jam this as you are only dominated by a AA, KK, QQ, AK and AQ. Everything else you are either going to be flipping or ahead.

This exact spot is a leak of mine and I think I flat this too often instead of jamming or 3 betting from the small blind. I am curious to hear what others say on this one.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think you had to increase 3x the mp value because they are usually giving a mini raise to see a 2bbs flop and they give this mini raise of TJ, TQ, JQ off Ax off trying to hit something. so in my opinion and all in even pre flop to steal the pot. also have to see if they are always opening 2bbs all the time.

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would fold here. Raising off a 10bb stack here is generally pretty strong. You don't have a ton of fold equity in spots like these and will potentially have to win a race threeways depending on how wide the flatter is calling.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a good chance to see the flop. If you get into a pair, the game is all in, if you do not get in, and the opponent raises, (re-raise), without options, it is a throw of cards .. fold. The current situation cannot play a preflop fold. this is not correct..

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me this is a shove/fold spot. Can't just call and be in the worst position in a 3 or 4 way pot. I would shove here with only 12 bbs. If MP calls there's a good chance MP + 2 will fold giving us a 2 way pot and out best chance to win.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Out of the 4 options we have folding is the best one.

If we just call then we still have to worry about the Big blind behind us that was not mentioned. What is his stack and playing tendencies? Calling here could get us sucked in if he raises or jams. Plus we would be out of position with more than likely an inferior hand to our opponents.

Another option is some sort of 3 bet which makes no sense at this point since we would be committing ourselves anyway plus fold equity would be near zero. We would most likely get at least called leaving us is a bloated pot out of position. This is the worst choice of all of them.

We can jam but we are not getting 3 folds counting the BB in my opinion. With a call and a raise in front of us already we are at least going up against an Ax hand or a pocket pair hand and possibly both. Fold equity would be near zero. We would not have enough hand strength equity plus fold equity to make this a profitable play in the long run.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i jam kq in this spot 100% of the time.

the hand is too strong to fold with only 12 bbs behind. as a short stack, i'm not afraid to get my money in with decent equity spots. i also block ak, aq combos as well as some qq, kk combos as well. so, we're likely flipping against middle pairs, have good equity against k/x, q/x hands, or slightly behind some a/x hands. not say being up against qq, kk, aq, ak isn't impossible, it's just a lot less likely. and if were up against aa, who cares? it's no different than having qq vs aa in this spot, so i don't even worry about that.

also, with 12 bbs i still have enough to squeeze and potentially get heads up, increasing the our preflop equity. i also have enough to potentially take the pot uncontested preflop, though it's highly unlikely as mp is getting ~2.3:1 to call in this spot. but, if it works, i increase i stack by 50%. so, getting it in this spot isn't a terrible overall. if i isolate and get called, i don't mind being in a ~35/65 spot or better with 10-12 bbs effective nor do i mind picking up an extra 50% of my stack uncontested either.

flatting is bad because I don't close the action and i'm put in a weird spot if bb 3bets or jams. i'm never just 3betting either because i don't have any fold equity and i'll have to reluctantly call if i get 4bet jammed. plus, if we 3bet and get called, we don't have any good cbets with our stack. if i had a hand like AKs or QQ, then i might opt to just 3bet with the intention of calling off a 4bet jam.